Upcoming hysterectomy 10/27: Crunch time nerves �� | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 10/27: Crunch time nerves �� Upcoming hysterectomy 10/27: Crunch time nerves ��

Unread 10-25-2015, 07:31 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 10/27: Crunch time nerves ��

Hey ladies! My day is Tuesday at 6am. I've found I have a few more questions since I've been reading on here as well. Do you know will I have time prior to surgery to ask them or is it something I need to call office Tom and ask? I'm feeling very anxious the closer it gets. My stomach has been upset all day today even last night. I was unable to sleep past few days but last night I slept really well hoping tonight will be the same. I'm feeling overwhelmed trying to get things done around the house before surgery. I've started getting my bag ready for the hospital and went out n got a few comfy pjs for after. However, now I'm starting to really be concerned with the swelling after I keep reading about it and a lot of ladies have said it last for weeks..... I'm used to working out about four times a week and staying very active and busy im not one to sit still long. So worried about being down for long time as well.. 😥
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2015, 07:43 PM
Re: Crunch time nerves 😬

My date is a week from Wednesday- 11-4, I too am very active & workout 5 days a week, although I've been sidelined over the past month with symptoms from anemia, but I've still been walking everyday....I will be anxious to hear replies to your post and see how you make out... the very best to you!! Maybe try a little Yoga to calm your nerves?
Unread 10-25-2015, 07:50 PM

i talked to my doctor but he told me to remind him (i want cath to stay in, i dont want to be up and down to the bathroom as much as i am now) when i go for surgery. If i am not mistaken you do have time to talk to anyone on your team if need be. Best of luck to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2015, 08:53 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 10/27: Crunch time nerves ��

I have a pre-op Thursday along with an ultrasound & biopsy (SCARED) I will ask then too, but still curious to hear other helpful tips 😊 many thoughts to u!!
Unread 10-25-2015, 10:01 PM

I'm scheduled for 11/4 and I having trouble sleeping etc. I'm extremely active, exercise and on the go but the last 2 months (due to upcoming surgery) I've slowed to turtle stride.
I have my last pre op appointment w urologist on Tuesday. They are doing a cyscstocopy after surgery. I've got questions for him. If it leads to more, I will call my gyn.
I feel your anxiety.
I cleaned and did laundry for 10 hrs yesterday. My house didn't really need it but I did it and rearranged furniture, hung new pictures, organized and cleaned my kitchen cabinets and island much to consternation of my long time partner. He was trying to do it for me.
It helps me to read magazines and articles on my tablet as it helps me to finally go to sleep.
I already have bag packed, bought comfy pjs for home, oversized comfy outfit to and from hospital.
I'm just typing and talking because of anxiety.
Call your doctor if you have more questions.
I've read some very positive accounts about recovery. It helps me.
Unread 10-26-2015, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy705 View Post
Hey ladies! My day is Tuesday at 6am. I've found I have a few more questions since I've been reading on here as well. Do you know will I have time prior to surgery to ask them or is it something I need to call office Tom and ask? I'm feeling very anxious the closer it gets. My stomach has been upset all day today even last night. I was unable to sleep past few days but last night I slept really well hoping tonight will be the same. I'm feeling overwhelmed trying to get things done around the house before surgery. I've started getting my bag ready for the hospital and went out n got a few comfy pjs for after. However, now I'm starting to really be concerned with the swelling after I keep reading about it and a lot of ladies have said it last for weeks..... I'm used to working out about four times a week and staying very active and busy im not one to sit still long. So worried about being down for long time as well.. 😥
Hi Christy,I've always been very active and worked out 4 times a week. About a month and a half before my hysterectomy I had to stop going to gym because I was feeling really bad, I'm now 10 weeks after my op and I haven't been back yet but I'm definitely active at home. I will probably start working out by next week but taking it really slow to start. It is so important to heal properly and not endanger any incisions or internal stitches that its really worthwhile being patient and taking things slowly. It's actually far nicer than you imagine being pampered and taking a break, so don't worry just take things step by step. There are tons of discussions on this amazing website to read up and help understand and compare all our worries so use it as much as possible, it's been a gift for me having discovered the HysterSisters. Good luck for Tuesday, wishing you all the best and sending hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register