2 more wake ups before hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 more wake ups before hysterectomy 2 more wake ups before hysterectomy

Unread 10-19-2014, 08:01 PM
2 more wake ups before hysterectomy

Feeling cranky, disjointed and sad. I am not sad to lose my parts they never worked anyway. First menses at 11 now 44. Previous laparoscopy for endometriosis at 22
Maybe it's my age and step family anyone else beyond anxious? How do you calm the nerves without wine?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2014, 08:25 PM
Re: 2 more wake ups

Mine is the day after yours, I'm not really nervous at all - but every one is different.

(And, I had a glass of wine tonight - part of my "relaxation regimen", LOL!)

Good luck, see you on the Recovery Thread!
Unread 10-19-2014, 08:46 PM

Thank you and best wishes to you too
I am nervous for the obvious... Surgery infection... I am just way out of sorts
Maybe I just cannot control the next month of my life. I am generally the over achiever care taker
I have been nesting for a month and now I feel paralyzed
It will be better once it is over is my outlook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2014, 03:21 AM

Mine is the day after yours as well, I though I was doing well not stressing but the nerves are really starting to hit now.

Work has helped up to now keeping me busy, but today I struggled to focus on anything...

I think I may need to join you for that glass of wine.

Best of luck and I'll look forward to hearing how you you went in a few days.
Unread 10-20-2014, 05:42 AM

Sign me up for that wine, I'm the 23rd also. And freaking out too. I'm afraid of lots and won't list bc I don't want to give you more to freak about. Try warm baths, lavender, progressive relaxation, positive affirmations, I've even done visualization imagining the pain causing parts being removed and feeling great after. I can't believe it's so soon I haven't been able to nest bc we're trying to finish moving and I had to work all weekend to save up for time out, I don't get PTO or FML bc I'm a per diem nurse. I want the versed now please!
Unread 10-20-2014, 08:00 AM

Thank you and best of luck to the 23rd ladies. I will post when I have that glass of wine on the other side
Unread 10-20-2014, 05:56 PM

Wow! Sounds like me! I wish you the best! My surgery is this Wednesday. I'm sooo nervous about what is to come and I have no idea what is to come! My sorority sister told me about this site and it's refreshing to know I'm not alone. Wishing you both the best of luck.
Unread 10-20-2014, 07:52 PM

Mines is also the 22nd and I'm now starting to feel very nervous and anxious. Think I'm more worried about my hubby running the house while I'm gone😂😂
Unread 10-20-2014, 08:18 PM

Just felt like checking in with all of you who, like me, share an impending hysterectomy adventure in the next few days. I finally watched the daVinci procedure on Youtube so I can better visualize what is going to happen and actually called my doctor's office to get a few more questions answered.

I currently have no pain and no symptoms other than a bad cancer diagnosis from biopsy so I am not looking forward to taking on new pain following surgery! Plus the cancer diagnosis is a huge concern as I already know I am going to have to start chemo in a few weeks. Lots of friends are praying for me and it must be having some effect as I am feeling pretty calm, all things considered. All four of my children will be here (two flying in from the West Coast) so I am looking forward to seeing them and can hopefully enjoy their company to some extent.

I'll be thinking of the rest of you and hope you will tell us all how it went for you. Best wishes (and prayers)!
Unread 10-20-2014, 08:30 PM
Re: 2 more wake ups before hysterectomy

The c word bless your heart and family for your support. Please keep checking in
Hugggggggs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register