surgery is this friday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery is this friday surgery is this friday

Unread 06-20-2005, 06:17 PM
surgery is this friday

Hi everyone. I'm 34 and having my hysterectomy Friday morning at 7:30. I'm scared, and I feel like a baby for even admitting that I am fearful of this operation. This website has helped--to know that there are others out there riding on the same emotional roller coaster. I have cried more in the past few days than I can ever remember. I just can't wait for it to be over with! I'm not nervous about pain, hospital stay, recovery, etc. It's just the thought of being under that long and not knowing what is going on with your body--or if something goes wrong. Please tell me I'm normal and everone else had to deal with these thoughts too.

homediva
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2005, 06:42 PM
surgery is this friday

Please know you are not alone. I just received my date (July 11th) and I can't even think about it. I honestly believe that the waiting WILL be the hardest part, but we need to believe in our doctors and know that everything will go well. I feel the same as you, not knowing what they will find (just fibroids I hope). Keep positive and it will keep me positive. I will be thinking about you!

Take Care..
Analese
Unread 06-20-2005, 08:15 PM
surgery is this friday

hi homediva, I also am having my TAH/BSO on this friday at 7:30am. My stomach is such a bundle of nerves. I keep thinking, 5 more days, 4 more days, three more days.... This is horrible. I also have those thoughts running through my head, what if I don't wake up, what if something happens. But I know it will all be fine, it is just that it is hard to do anything we aren't used to. And we are never used to this! I'll be thinking of you and don't hesitate to come on here anytime and we can comfort each other!

Debra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2005, 06:25 AM
surgery is this friday

Hi there! You all sound pretty normal to me

I was a bundle of nerves when I was still waiting foir my hyst - almost 3 years ago now. Fear of the unknown can really get to me. I think it's that feeling of helplessness - we're used to being the caregiver - the one in charge. I had to learn how to accept being taken care of. Ya know what? It wasn't all together sooo bad My friends and family really came through for me. I found that if you let people know that you need help many are very willing to lend a hand.

Everything turned out well for me, I'll pray that it does for you too.

Best wishes.

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register