Really nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Really nervous Really nervous

Unread 08-07-2013, 05:19 AM
Really nervous

My surgery is scheduled for August 12, and I am very, very nervous. My BP is high due to stress and fear of what is coming. Any suggestions on how to get it down? I do yoga breathing techniques, which seems to help some of the time. What did you all do to help you not worry so much about the upcoming surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2013, 05:46 AM
Re: Really nervous

KBOVa-
I completely understand how you were feeling. I was a basket case before surgery. I have issues with high blood pressure as well. I called my doctor explained to him what was going on and he did give me some xanax to help calm me, until my surgery.

I'm not a big pill type person, and ended up using only a few of them, but they did help.

What I did was focus on getting things ready for after surgery, I cleaned the house from top to bottom since I wouldnt be able to do it for quite a while. I went shopping and got things that I needed for the hospital stay and during my recovery. I also made a nest for rest filled with pillows and things i would want within easy reach (books, remote, tablet, crosswords, meds, etc).

The yoga breathing techniques are good, maybe download an app or two on your phone for meditation or mindfulness.

soon you will be looking back and asking yourself why did I stress so much?

(((Hugs)))
Amrayne
Unread 08-07-2013, 12:04 PM

I think waiting for surgery is harder on us than the surgery itself sometimes!

I found that I had a bout of nervousness, but mine went away as I got closer. Reading about others helped me a bit. For me, making lists of things so I could check them off also helped - I felt prepared to deal with whatever came my way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-07-2013, 12:29 PM

I cried with nerves til they game me the juice in my IV so I'm no help.but, surgery was at 7 and I feel good, the worst part is dry mout!! Not too much pain yet, but I still got drugs in me.
Unread 08-07-2013, 01:40 PM

My surgery is Friday and I agree the hardest part is waiting! I know what ever happens I will be ok, and so will you! Try to stay busy these next few days, that is what has helped me the most. Long walks and warm bubble baths have been helpful also! Good luck to you, you'll do great!
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:06 PM

That's what I like about this website - the wonderful support and great suggestions! I will take it just one day at a time and do my best to relax before the big day.
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:07 PM

I had my TAH surgery on July the 3rd and waiting is the hardest part. I can honestly say that it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. I didn't even need any pain killers after the first week. Just remember to get everything ready. One thing that really helped me in the hospital was ear plugs so that I could get some sleep. Also my hospital recommended peppermint tea to help with the gas. HUGS
Unread 08-07-2013, 03:18 PM

My surgery was suppose to be on June 3, 2013. Well it has been postponed and I go in on the twelveth of August. Alot has happened then..i just recently left my husband of ten years three of them being married. I have found a new place and with leaving starting a new life packing, unpacking ,work and a 50th anniversary coming up this weekend... I still am trying to keep calm about the surgery...I am looking forward to the six week rest coming up for recovery. So good luck to those going to the castle on Monday, August 12 I will see you on the other side...best of luck and speedy recovery to all my sisters.
Unread 08-08-2013, 02:40 AM

I was terrified too. I had my surgery over a year ago and it was pointless for people to tell me not to worry. I worried about every possible scenario I could think of. I will tell you though that life is so much better on the other side. I would have the surgery again without hesitation. The only thing I can suggest is try not to focus on the procedure and instead focus on how you are going to feel after.
Unread 08-08-2013, 11:50 AM

I'm remarkably calm about the surgery itself. It's everything else that is stressing me out. Worrying about my pets (brother is taking care of them and he won't care for them as well as I do)
Worrying about whether my brother is going to remember to water my outdoor container plants.
Worrying about the temp guy doing my job and making a disaster out of it.
I'm too busy worrying about other things to think about the surgery.

I found reading the experiences of others here helped a lot. Most people do just fine. I'm sure you will too!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register