Scheduled TVH just read a post-op story. Wow & i was worried before! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

just read a post-op story. Wow & i was worried before! just read a post-op story. Wow & i was worried before!

Unread 01-23-2015, 06:55 AM
just read a post-op story. Wow & i was worried before!

Just read a post that made me freak out. It was about the vaginal cuff tearing during sex & now she has to have another surgery to fix it. I am worried about that happening. Dr told me no sex for 6 weeks & this lady waited 8 & it still ripped open. Has anyone had that happen to them? Really freaked out right now!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2015, 07:13 AM
Re: just read a post-op story. Wow & i was worried before!

It happens, but very rarely. Reading these boards, it seems there are more complications than not but that's really not the case. Women who are having problems are more likely to post because they're looking for help, advice or support. Most women do fine after a hysterectomy, and many of us who've had a complication-free recovery are now so busy living life that we don't have as much time to come back here and post.

Even with the best of care and following doctor's orders to a T, things sometimes happen, unfortunately. Don't borrow trouble, though, by expecting the worst to happen to you. Statistically, you'll probably do just fine.
Unread 01-23-2015, 07:42 AM

Try not to freak out. My doc is making me wait 3 months before sex for that very reason. Your doc will have you come in for a post op appt before you are cleared, so if it's not healed properly they might make you wait longer. Try and make sure you give yourself the proper care at home to heal properly, lots of rest and follow your restrictions carefully and I am sure you will be fine. And Happydee is right about sisters posting because they have concerns or complications and are seeking advice or help. I have read some very encouraging stories and am trying to remain hopeful. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2015, 07:49 AM

I had sex at the 6 week mark and mine did not tear. It did hurt a bit the first few times we had sex but after that it was fine. My advice is go slow, gentle and use a lot of lube.
Unread 01-23-2015, 09:02 AM

Thanks happyDee. I have been reading alot of posts & some are very encouraging & some scare me alot.
Unread 01-23-2015, 09:05 AM

Thanks asimo & i'm sure youre right bout the dr clearing me. I may wait longer than what she says though. I know i will still be scared the first few times.
Unread 01-23-2015, 09:10 AM

Thanks catlady, we will def be using lube. I know he will probably be just as scared as i am. He's already worried about me having surgery, i am too. I am worried about what happens after survery as well. Worried that i wont be the same, i am keeping my ovaries so hoping that not alot changes, but still anxious.... guess that's normal
Unread 01-23-2015, 05:54 PM

Dear his-butterfly,
Please keep in mind the sisters who have responded to you are right - many who post in the afyer surgery section do so because they need support because of a setback or complication. Many who are healing fine just do not post. Please do not read this section because your recovery will be unique! No need worrying and comparing when you haven't even had surgery yet.

I encourage you to spend your pre surgery time doing constructive things - I deep cleaned my house, stocked up on goodies and easy to prepare snacks and meals, and got my recovery nest in order. Doing these things made me feel more in control and I had less time to worry.
Make time in your schedule to do things you enjoy and spend quality time with postitive and supportive friends and family.

After your surgery, your doctor will tell you when to resume activities...lifting, working, exercise, intimate relations, etc. But you are the ultimate judge of how you feel. Please don't fear resuming things...just go at your own pace.

A postitve attitude goes a long way both before and after surgery.

Hugs to you - you can and will do this.
Unread 01-23-2015, 06:14 PM

You are so welcome. I will definitely post after my first hopefully positive sexual experience, good luck to you, I think the most important thing to do is listen to your body during your recovery, it will tell you when you are doing too much. Get lots of rest, fluids and try to walk a little everyday to help with gas and BM's.
Unread 01-23-2015, 07:14 PM

Thanks marciamae. I know i probaby shouldnt read to many post-op posts but i try to prepare for all the what if's. Maybe not the best thing to do before my surgery. I have been buying things here & there to help with my recovery, thanks to the wonderful advice i got from the members of this site. Still have a few things i need to buy & the closer it get's i will prepare my house for the recovery part of this. Thanks for the advice on staying positive.... i am trying

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register