Sex better than ever | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex better than ever Sex better than ever

Unread 01-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Sex better than ever

Wow, just had to brag about my first time last night at 7 1/2 weeks po from TAH, kept ovaries. I was very anxious about it, and while I know everyone is different many of the posts about pain, bleeding, and other disapointments had me fearful. I had tried outercourse at week 3, which was good but painful, and week 5, which was much better. While the big "o" was different, no huge contractions, it was deeper and more complete. So that anxiety wasn't there, but I was still scared and worried about both of us being disapointed.

Without getting into too many details, and having to be bleeped, it was incredible. My db has always been very sensitive to my needs, very passionate, and can last for hours. I figured our first time would be short, sweet, painful and over, but it was more intense, more passionate and turned into more of a marathon than ever. I not only was able to keep up, but had multiple "o" that again even if they were different, were much more whole body deep inside intense. There was no pain, no bleeding, and even though I am overall sore today, I would have been anyway after so many hours of fun activities.

I think the things that helped were: 1) Waiting 7 1/2 weeks until I felt ready, even though cleared at 5 2) I had been exercising and walking daily so I was physically in decent shape 3) I had some wine, candles, fireplace, etc. so the mood was very romantic 4) I am blessed with a man who is tender and passionate, very in tuned to my needs and satisfaction, very sensitive to my body, loves my shape even when out of shape and truly makes me feel like a princess.

For him, I think it was better too. He said I felt tighter, smoother, and there was no ending cervix to bang into that would sometimes hurt him and me. Lubrication was the same if not better, he loved the curvier body, and even though he could tell the contractions were different, felt more intense and connection. He was always very positive about this surgery and felt we'd be better and closer than ever, and he was right.

So overall, it was incredible, and I not only just had to brag, but wanted to tell others out there that it is not always less than, bad or painful, and that even if it is different, it can be more intense, and ultimately better than before. Being freed up from painful fiboids, long heavy unpredictable periods, huge uterus and cervix, and birth control issues can be very freeing, leading to more spontaneous, fun sex life. I know I am very lucky in love and feel this surgery has made things better in ways I am only beginning to understand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2005, 09:49 AM
Sex better than ever

Bio, that is SO great to hear --- gives us all hope. Thanks for posting!

Now, it sounds like maybe you ought to go take a nap...

ENJOY!!!

A.
Unread 01-21-2005, 10:00 AM
Sex better than ever

I was just getting ready to post a message similar to yours! I had my surgery on Oct. 13, and had sex for the first time about 8 weeks later (I couldn't get my six week checkup til then and wanted to be sure everything was healed) Anyway, I "amen" everything you said. Things in general were MUCH better for me. The only difference between us is that my ovaries were removed during the surgery. I think a lot of improvement for me was that my uterus was taking up so much room because of the fibroids and the fact that it was about twice as large as it should have been. Everything just felt better than it had for many years!
I hope others will be encouraged by this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Sex better than ever

Bio,

I'm glad to hear that it was wonderful for you and your DH. My DH has been wonderful to me during this whole ordeal, and our sex life has taken a beaten the past 9 months due to all the pain I was in.

I am feeling pretty good i'm only three weeks out and cant wait til i'm fully recovered.

I have already had the Big 'O' twice no intercourse and it was great.... I really cant believe I was feeling this way so fast. In fact I find my self more aroused then before.....

so many had spoken about the pain i'm glad you came forward about the pleasure.

Thanks
Wanda
Unread 01-21-2005, 10:49 AM
reply to sex better

Wow you have made help for me. But what I am afraid of the most is the contractions being different. Answer me and tell me the difference. I had outercourse and it felt so different I cried.
Unread 01-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the positive side

Thanks so much to here that everything is working so well. I am 10 days post op and am very curious to know if everything is working well. It is so nice to here something so positive. Thanks.
Unread 01-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Sex better than ever

Things have been so bad for us for the past few months with all this crap going on and I'm afraid after it will only go down hill... as if it could. This does make me feel better. I guess waiting to make sure everything is good to go then going to soon and having problems that will scare us both
Unread 01-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Sex better than ever

That's what I was afraid of - my husband was so tired of me having my period all the time and being exhausted because of it.
Now I have so much more energy and I'm not necessary asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow at night!
Unread 01-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Sex better than ever

WOW ............

I'm sooooooooo glad to hear good news for a change. Good for you! I hope its like that for me too!
Unread 01-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Tears of relief!

Hi Everyone,

I also found it much better in all ways. It was such a relief to not have pain and have a complete orgasm that I cried for an hour afterwards.

It wasn't all in my head and I wasn't avoiding sex for no reason. I felt vindicated after seven years of intense pain during sex and for days after. It was very hard on our marriage and I feel this is a new beginning.

I don't know how to thank my DDr. for believing me and listening to me describe everything that was happening each month and realizing that I couldn't live like this anymore.

I'm glad others are experiencing this also.

Take care, Hope

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register