Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 01-Jun 07,2020 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 01-Jun 07,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 01-Jun 07,2020

Unread 08-02-2020, 09:23 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 01-Jun 07,2020

[Quote: Danielle DC: “Did I mention I had my first in-person appointment with the NP who works with the doctor who performed my surgery? The exam with the speculum kind of hurt. Ugh. And my cuff isn't fully closed, so while I can resume most activities, she said intercourse was off the table.

I haven't had any horrible symptoms--just the occasional night sweat that only leaves me a tiny bit damp. And I also will throw the covers off when I get hot and have to pull them back again a few minutes later. Ugh. I have a good fan that I keep blowing on me while I sleep. I was in perimenopause for a few years before hitting surgical menopause, so maybe that helped. I also eat a lot of soy foods, which I guess also helps.

I'm feeling a big down today, but then I've always been a bit dysthymic.“]

Hi Danielle DC,
I, too, was told my vaginal cuff was not completely healed at 6 wk PO. My doctor could see and feel the stitches. (And the speculum is highly uncomfortable for me- always has been) Oh well, I think the longer they're there they've got to be helping the healing process as they are to eventually dissolve. I get re-checked at 9 week PO. And I, too, have always suffered from dysthymia. It doesn't help me when I'm trying to heal. But I'm being kind to myself and choosing to love myself as I am. I wish you the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2020, 08:41 PM

Had my first pelvic exam since surgery this morning. Dr says I'm healing nicely, but then tells me no sex for another month. I asked if she saw any granulation, but she said no. She just wants me to wait for sex, bathing, swimming, etc for another month. She wants the healing to continue and doesn't want to risk tearing during intercourse. I am climbing the walls, but ok lady!!! LOL If she only knew that I bought new lingerie just knowing that she was going to give the green light!
My boyfriend is understanding, thankfully. It's me. Anyway thought I'd give ya'll a little chuckle.
Unread 08-04-2020, 07:33 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jun 01-Jun 07,2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationanna View Post
I have hit the 8 1/2 weeks and I thought I would be better. I did develop a UTi and just finished the antibiotic. I hadn’t realized what it was as my urge to pee has been different since surgery. This has been my first full week at work and I am very tired. I know it takes time but this week has been hard again. I rest when I come home but sometimes the abdominal pain is too much. Ibuprofen does help and I need to remember to take it earlier before the pain escalates. I also am still spotting. My doctor told me this is normal so I will continue to wait. The night sweats come and go. I cannot take hormone replacements due to the uterine cancer being estrogen based. I will say I went and bought the Serta cooling pillow which has been a big help. My husband says he can tell I am getting better but I feel I have a long way to go. Thanks for listening ladies. Your support is carrying me through these difficult days.
Hang in there, VacationAnna. Thinking of you and prayers.
Unread 08-04-2020, 08:48 AM

Hi all,
It is postop day 10 of my lap oophorectomy. This recovery started with pain and dizziness which are gone now, and I am feeling so much better. I requested my pathology results and nothing seemed alarming to me - yay, but I see the oncologist this week for a professional review - LOL.

I am having hot flashes and night sweats due to surgical menopause and thinking of trying an over-the-counter treatment like Amberen. It has good reviews but will consult with physician.

I actually left the house yesterday, with the assistance of my daughter, to get my hair done. It felt so good to get out of the house and get my hair done - huge mental lift

Overall, I’m feeling so much better and hope everyone is getting a little or most of their regular daily routine back. Stay strong HysterSisters.
Unread 08-04-2020, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Sue View Post
LRKdays, prayers for a speedy recovery, again. I am sure it must make it a little easier when you know what to expect although I dont envy you. Hopefully your next path report will be good and you can move on again. I totally understand how you feel I was so worried about my cancer until I got the final clearance. I am preparing for a hip replacement soon but am going in knowing I heal well and preparing my body as best I can and things are never as bad as we imagine.
Thank you, RainbowSue. I see my oncologist this week for the final final path results . Overall, I’m feeling so much better. Thanks

Good luck to you on the hip replacement. As you know, it’s best to do just one day at a time as This Too Shall Past
Unread 08-04-2020, 08:21 PM

Well, that may have been a mistake.

I live about a five-minute walk from a grocery store, and since my surgery, I've left my apartment building maybe twice: Once to go to a park across the street and once to go to the hospital for my eight-week post-op appointment. I've had the occasional meal delivered and have been ordering groceries from Instacart. And it's worked. Yeah, you pay more when you do Instacart, but if you're sick or recovering from surgery, it's really helpful. (Not to mention I've been using it while in quarantine.)

I did go to my roof deck two or three times, but that's not really leaving my building.

I needed to get out of the apartment. I've been bored and a bit depressed. So I walked to the grocery store. I had a few items I wanted to get. But naturally I saw things that weren't available on Instacart, so I got those as well. And I had two kinda heavy bags. I was a bit achy when I got back, but 20 minutes lying down helped. This is another benefit of Instacart: You're less likely to make impulse purchases.
Unread 08-08-2020, 02:55 PM

Hi DanielleinDC,
Your post encouraged me that maybe I'm not too behind in recovery. I didn't go outside to walk until week 6 and have only done exercise walking for two weeks. I've been feeling alot that makes me stop. It's taking longer than I thought but we are healing. WW
Unread 08-08-2020, 03:07 PM

Hi Everyone!
I was 9 weeks Post-op yesterday. I have a doctor's PO visit on Tuesday (8/11) since my vaginal cuff wasn't fully healed and my doctor continued my restrictions. But today I went wild and vacuumed my home! I couldn't stand it again and when I hire someone to help I have to wait. I broke a restriction but I feel okay.

I feel like a I have a yeasty itch but I just got done with a Fluconate 3 pills based on 6 week PO visit. My pelvic/abdominal catscan shows I have diverticulosis but I think it "itis" as my symptoms indicate that. And the infection was probably brought on by the major dosages of ibuprofen for 8 weeks (3 weeks before surgery due to ACL tear) but I'm off it. I go to the colon doctor on Monday. The colon dr. nurse asked, "didn't your doctor go over your catscan with you?" No, she didn't so I asked for copy to be emailed to me. I also have hepatic cysts. I don't understand if that's something to be concerned about so I'm going to have this doctor go over the scans with me in the office and show me visuals as well.

On Tuesday, I'll find how my healing is going. Today was the most I've done by vacuuming. I increased my walk in my neighborhood last night to 4 laps around our small hood. :-) My low back is always aching. I wonder if it's due the uterosacral ligaments being attached to my vaginal cuff. This is a question for my OB-Gyn. I am stretching out some more each day and less afraid to move my body each week. But I get no relief from low back pain until I go to bed and fall asleep. So this is a new symptom in my life.

I tell you this surgery is major and I deal with mental and emotional anxiety from this invasive surgery. I'm taking it one day at a time and I definitely feel healing ... it's slower than I would like but I am healing.

We are healing.

Because of Hystersisters, I learned about pelvic PT. So I asked my doctor about it and she's approved me for it. I'm going to at least show up for an appt. and see what kind of physical therapy is offered to help me get stronger. Maybe they'll have an answer for the low back pain.

I send love and positive thoughts out to all of you. I love hearing your updates. Your truth and transparency encourage me each time.
Wolf Woman.
Unread 08-08-2020, 03:11 PM

WolfWoman, I'm so glad my post helped. I started doing walks and modifying exercises around six weeks and have been doing "full" exercises for about a week. (I love Pahla B's videos because she talks about making peace with your menopausal body. There's also Fabulous50s, which is hosted by an Australian named Schellea Fowler. And let's not forget Leslie Sansone, the OG of walk at home videos. She now has guest "walk leaders" who are pretty good. There's a video hosted by a woman named Kamilah who has walkers of all shapes and sizes. I love it.)

I still get twinges sometimes, but as you said, we are healing. Best wishes to you, my surgery twin.
Unread 08-08-2020, 03:13 PM

DanielleDC, Thanks for the leads on exercise programs as I've not heard of any of those. Are they online as well?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register