Scheduled TVH Upcoming August hysterectomy: Pre-OP Jitters Having odd dreams | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming August hysterectomy: Pre-OP Jitters Having odd dreams Upcoming August hysterectomy: Pre-OP Jitters Having odd dreams

Unread 06-22-2020, 01:01 AM
Upcoming August hysterectomy: Pre-OP Jitters Having odd dreams

Not sure where this belongs, if I'm in the wrong thread I apologize. I'm having a lot of thoughts about my surgery and I've come to the conclusion, I need this done and I really do want it. I'm even preparing for future tummy tuck as a gift to myself and motivation to have a new life and a new body.
Completely off topic, but wanted to ask if anyone had random dreams connected to your surgery good or bad, how did you interpret it to help you move forward with your decision?
My dream involved me being super excited and finally ready on my surgery day. As I was in my surgery gown sitting in bed prepping with nurses with my Mom next to me. My doctor came in and told me she cannot do the procedure. I asked her why and she said, I don't know how else to tell you, but even though you have a IUD, you are pregnant.
I woke up and felt weird about it, I brought it up casually with my Mother in real life during a trip to the store. She stopped and looked at me and said she had a similar dream the other night and it was basically the same scenario. She was sitting by my bed as I was waiting to go to the operating room and the doctor said I was pregnant/canceled the surgery. She didn't think much of it either, never told me until I brought up my dream in the car.
I have an IUD, still active.... Kinda want to test life to see if that was fate or not giving me a sign.
I still want to do the hysterectomy, I don't want to have doubts and wonder if this was just one of those moments... Not sure how my Mom was on the same wavelength as me dreaming the same thing. I just felt the need to vent and share it somewhere, hope it's okay here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2020, 09:52 AM

What reasons for the hysterectomy? Can you have kids or do you have kids? I had really weird dreams when I had strep throat in December. That was so odd and didnt know why it caused weird dreams. I dont recall having any before surgery. However I do have dreams about the covid19 virus that people are coughing one me, so i guess we dream about what is bothering us. What medical conditions are causing you to prepare for surgery? Mine was endometriosis and i couldnt have kids, it was too severe. Luckily I never wanted to have kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ng81rd View Post
Not sure where this belongs, if I'm in the wrong thread I apologize. I'm having a lot of thoughts about my surgery and I've come to the conclusion, I need this done and I really do want it. I'm even preparing for future tummy tuck as a gift to myself and motivation to have a new life and a new body.
Completely off topic, but wanted to ask if anyone had random dreams connected to your surgery good or bad, how did you interpret it to help you move forward with your decision?
My dream involved me being super excited and finally ready on my surgery day. As I was in my surgery gown sitting in bed prepping with nurses with my Mom next to me. My doctor came in and told me she cannot do the procedure. I asked her why and she said, I don't know how else to tell you, but even though you have a IUD, you are pregnant.
I woke up and felt weird about it, I brought it up casually with my Mother in real life during a trip to the store. She stopped and looked at me and said she had a similar dream the other night and it was basically the same scenario. She was sitting by my bed as I was waiting to go to the operating room and the doctor said I was pregnant/canceled the surgery. She didn't think much of it either, never told me until I brought up my dream in the car.
I have an IUD, still active.... Kinda want to test life to see if that was fate or not giving me a sign.
I still want to do the hysterectomy, I don't want to have doubts and wonder if this was just one of those moments... Not sure how my Mom was on the same wavelength as me dreaming the same thing. I just felt the need to vent and share it somewhere, hope it's okay here.
Unread 06-22-2020, 04:47 PM
Re: Upcoming August hysterectomy: Pre-OP Jitters Having odd dreams

Dreams reflect a lot of what you have in mind, so not unusual at all.

As your surgery is quite a bit away, it is important to learn how to relax the mind and perhaps make lists and work on that list to remain occupied
Unread 06-22-2020, 08:27 PM

Hi s0ng81rd -

Strange dreams, if not nightmares, are pretty much standard. Your brain is going though quite a bit of stress.

I know they asked me if there was any way I could be pregnant. My DH has a vasectomy, so there was none. BUT, they did a bunch of blood work on me, and it would not surprise me if they did a pregnancy test along with everything else. It may be required before surgery. I know it was required before my knee surgery 15 years ago, about 6 years before my hysterectomy.

Too put your mind at ease, call your doctor and ask.

Unread 06-25-2020, 10:12 AM

I had a dream that I was pregnant too right before my surgery and it was a nightmare. I already knew I didn't want kids but I was in a panic in the dream. My boyfriend doesn't want kids but in the dream he wanted to, and I was freaking out. I kept saying we don't have room, we can't have kids!! I woke up feeling very relieved.

I think it's probably normal to have these kinds of dreams since, at least for me, I was thinking about all of it all the time.
Unread 06-30-2020, 11:04 PM

I did have very disturbing dreams in the weeks leading up to my surgery. I was strangling kittens, stabbing my deceased mother, setting fires, running from unknown scary things.
I was so frightened. I had convinced myself things were going to go badly and I probably wasnt going to wake up. Imagine my surprise when I woke up feeling pretty good.
For me... this surgery and recovery has been a breeze. I'm amazed at how easy it has been.
I'm sure the dreams are a manifestation of your fear. And if you are like me... getting on the other side of this is the only thing that will take that away. Although, I did find much comfort in reading all the positive stories shared here on this site. The night before my surgery I read dozens and went into the OR with a smile on my face!
Unread 07-04-2020, 11:52 AM

I had some crazy dreams prior to surgery. The good ones were where I would wake up from surgery but they woke me up at Universal Studios. Then I had the dreams that they canceled my surgery without telling me, or I would get the run around and couldn’t figure out where to go for surgery. I also had Freddy Kruger dreams but don’t remember much about those. My therapist informed me they were all normal and the weird ones where I couldn’t find where to go is my mind preparing me like it would if you were taking a test or preparing for something big. I was disappointed about not getting woke up at Universal for real after surgery though haha.
I wouldn’t worry too much about the pregnancy scenario, your brain is probably just going about a weird way of preparing you. Brains and dreams create an odd combination of situations in my opinion.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register