Up since 2:30AM | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Up since 2:30AM Up since 2:30AM

Unread 07-06-2013, 04:18 AM
Up since 2:30AM

I've been up since 2:30AM, bled through to the sheets again. Hopefully this is the last cycle, TAH scheduled for July 30th. I just hope they don't reschedule it again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Re: Up since 2:30AM

Hope the bleeding has eased today Kitcat3. If you are unduly concerned, have a little chat with your Doc to see if they can advise anything in the meantime. Not too long to wait now! Why did they reschedule last time if you don't mind me asking?Im due my LAH on 18th July. One minute I'm dreading it and next minute I'm counting the seconds!
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:51 AM

Hi Kitkat3,

Just think, in a few more weeks you will never have to worry about waking up like that again. I am 4 weeks post op and it is so weird not to be bleeding all the same. Post op I bled at least 20 days out of each month. I find myself checking my panties all the time and there is nothing there. Take this time to prepare your home, freeze some meals, do something fun as you will be laid up for a bit. You will do great and never have to worry about buying pads or tampons again...but don't toss then just yet lol you will need some pads for some possible post op bleeding...but it doesn't last long...once you are done with that, you will be set free...good luck and see you on the other side....hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2013, 07:24 AM

Hi Sharry,!
My CA125 reading was 2xhigher than the normal number. Due to this reading, my original surgeon did not feel comforatble performing the surgery at my local hospital because she would not have had the backup if something cancer-related is found. She told me that this high CA125 reading is probably due to my HUGE fibroid/s and possible endometriosis. She also told me that I have the biggest uterus she's ever seen because of fibroids. I can feel it, it's sore - especially when one of my cats walks over me or something like that. So, now I'm going to Massachusetts General Hospital with an ObGYn/Oncologist just to be on the safe side. Both Dr's have told me not to be too concerned about the CA125 reading in my case, it is totally as a precaution. I have every confidence in both Dr's. In fact, once this whole thing is over with I intend to go back to my local Dr. that has referred me to MGH. Thanks for the well wishes! Looking forward to post op, (post op bleeding and all). At least there won't be anymore cramps with that, right?...and I know that it will stop in a couple few weeks.
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:26 AM

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the well wishes! I have a younger cousin that can inherit my left over pads. Looking forward to the post-op side.

LB
Unread 07-08-2013, 02:10 AM

Will look you up in the Post Op thread very soon Kitkat3. Time goes by quickly if you keep yourself busy. Sounds like you are lucky to have some very good Docs supporting you along the way also. Us women are born to worry so if your mind wanders just give yourself a good telling off and back to positive thoughts.(I've put myself on the naughty step a few times for becoming morose!) see you in the recovery room and here's a big (((hug))) in the meantime.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register