Scheduled LAVH Worried about getting a BIG VAGINA... :( LAVH | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Worried about getting a BIG VAGINA... :( LAVH Worried about getting a BIG VAGINA... :( LAVH

Unread 07-25-2010, 06:00 PM
Worried about getting a BIG VAGINA... :( LAVH

This is beyond embarassing, but I don't care. I have to ask.

I have never had children before (I'm 38yrs old), and my current sex life with my husband is awesome! (It's the one thing with my body that's going well.) Anyway, my gynecologist said that we're going to have to do a LAVH because I've never had babies. I didn't have time to ask him this important question as our appointment time was so rushed, etc...

**** WILL THE PROCEDURE (LAVH) MAKE MY VAGINA BIGGER FROM THE INCISION &/OR STRETCHING IT WHEN THE FEMALE PARTS COME OUT???? ****

I am really hoping that my vagina will pretty much go back to how it is now. I think that they have to cut the upper part of the vagina (by the cervix) to make room for the uterus & other female parts to come out, but I'm not sure?? I hope it's deep inside. All I know that they stitch it up again, but... I'm so worried that it's going to be BIGGER!!!! HELP!

Can any brave souls offer me some information on this? It's freaking me out here.

Thanks for any info you can offer me! I really do appreciate it.

(Again... this is probably a better question for the post-op, but I can't get on there yet.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Re: Worried about getting a BIG VAGINA... :( LAVH

I'm definitely no bigger at all, and I'd never had kids either. Everything surgical was at the "far end" of the vagina and didn't affect any size at all. So I don't think you'll have a problem. Best wishes on your surgery.
Unread 07-25-2010, 09:10 PM

Don't worry. You won't be left with a big vagina. Remember that the vagina is the vagina is elastic enough to hold a tampon or pass a baby.

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2010, 09:10 PM

By the way, you don't need to worry about being any shorter, either. I still have all the length we need, and we love our renewed sex life. It happened to take me longer to heal, but it was worth it. Rest easy while you heal.
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:35 PM

I delivered four children and had a vaginal hysterectomy for a softball sized fibroid. That whole "stretched" idea is a myth. All will be fine!
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:48 PM

IMHO it can actually improve your sex-life my DH is thrilled as he says that I am tighter now than I was before the surgery.(and that is after 5 vaginal deliveries) the 1 thing I can recommend is kegels now and after surgery they increase the blood-flow to the pelvic floor and help keep it supported HTH

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register