Please help. May cancel hysterectomy - getting cold feet. UPDATED - going ahead - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help. May cancel hysterectomy - getting cold feet. UPDATED - going ahead Please help. May cancel hysterectomy - getting cold feet. UPDATED - going ahead

Unread 06-26-2014, 09:11 AM
Please help. May cancel hysterectomy - getting cold feet. UPDATED - going ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucilleRae View Post
I have decided to go ahead with the surgery. Still scared and nervous but I am also hopeful that this will all work out fine and I will be glad I did it in the end. Fingers (and toes!) are crossed!
You've got all of us to help you through this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2014, 09:40 AM
Re: Please help. May cancel hysterectomy - getting cold feet

Hi Lucille, I will reiterate what others have said:the complications that you see in some posts are rare. Remember people who have problems are much more likely to post! Only you can decide if you should do the surgery, and it can be a difficult decision. For me, I decided to do it because I realized that I was spending a lot of my time feeling lousy. I am 58, and had a very large fibroid on the outside of my uterus, an enlarged uterus, and the fibroid pushed my uterus up too high, I was having menstrual issues and digestive issues. I tried Lupron twice in an effort to shrink the fibroids to try to hold off until menopause, but they greatly increased in size even while on the Lupron. I had no confidence that they would actually shrink when menopause came. I had TAH/BSO 3 weeks ago and I feel great! I have had a very easy recovery, an amazing dr and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner. Before surgery I asked every person I knew who had had a hysterectomy about their experience, and every single one told me to do it, that I wouldn't regret it. Hope this helps a little bit.
Unread 06-26-2014, 09:45 AM
Re: Please help. May cancel hysterectomy - getting cold feet. UPDATED - going ahead

Best of luck, and let us know how you do! I am happy for you that you could reach a decision that you feel good about, and wishing you an experience as good as mine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-26-2014, 10:00 AM
Re: Please help. May cancel hysterectomy - getting cold feet. UPDATED - going ahead

I am so thankful that my doctor told me about the HysterSisters community...........It is so comforting to me to know there are others who have gone through something similar and are so willing to be so supportive!!! Hugs to all of you!!!
Unread 06-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Re: Please help. May cancel hysterectomy - getting cold feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucilleRae View Post
I have decided to go ahead with the surgery. Still scared and nervous but I am also hopeful that this will all work out fine and I will be glad I did it in the end. Fingers (and toes!) are crossed!
Now you can start getting your lists together and begin preparations. During my recovery I was thankful to have a few meals stashed in my freezer. Sending positive thoughts your way as you continue your healing journey.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register