? about abdominal Hyster. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

? about abdominal Hyster. ? about abdominal Hyster.

Unread 03-24-2006, 07:29 AM
? about abdominal Hyster.

Hi all! I know I need to get an abdominal hyster.My question is were is the incision usauly at?Is it on the bikini line like with a c-section or does it go up and down higher up? Is the pain after the surgery similar to after having a c-section?Both of my kids were born c-section.Just curious. thanks! Jess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2006, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessijen11
My question is were is the incision usauly at?Is it on the bikini line like with a c-section or does it go up and down higher up?
Mine is the same incision as when I had my c-sections (bikini).... Staples used to close outer incision...

Quote:
Is the pain after the surgery similar to after having a c-section?
Same, but different....... how's that for an answer?... Similar in that some of the same advice you received then applies now (how to get in and out of bed, the gas, tummy pillow for support, etc).... Different because you are having things "taken out" and so involves more stitching up on the inside... I asked my Dr and was told that I had approx. 100 stitches on the inside.... You are also probably several years older that when you had the c-section (20 years for me) so that makes it a little tougher also....

Hope that helps........
Unread 03-24-2006, 10:30 AM

My incision was in exactly the same place as my c-sections(bikini line) and I had staples to close the outside, as I did with 1 of my c-sections.
I have had some different pain and sensations--I am just over 1 week post op. Part of this for me can be explained because I had my left ovary removed due to ruptured cyst and the doc cleaned up a bunch of adhesions and scar tissue, so I expected more pain.
If you had c-sections, the doc will probably use the same area. I have spoken to some ladies that had the incision up and down after c-sections that way. In the end the decision will be made by your doc and you. Best of luck,
Kimberley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2006, 10:54 AM

I have never had a c section but my cut is down low. However, they did not use staples on me. Sterile strips on the outside. I was expecting a LAVH so was shocked to be cut there but healing was not too bad. And I would assume easier in some ways than a c section because no new baby to care for after.
Unread 03-26-2006, 02:50 PM

HI

My incision goes up and down. It starts at my belly button and goes down to the beginning of my hair line. I did not have staples or stitches on the outside. My doctor sewed from the inside out and then put butterfly bandaids on the outside. It is a very thin scare and I really don't notice it much.

I have never had a c-section so I can not compare the two surgeries.

Unread 04-01-2006, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Hi all! I know I need to get an abdominal hyster.My question is were is the incision usauly at?Is it on the bikini line like with a c-section or does it go up and down higher up? Is the pain after the surgery similar to after having a c-section?Both of my kids were born c-section.Just curious. thanks! Jess

With an abdominal you can have a horizontal or verticle incision. You will have to ask your dr what he plans to do. I have a horizontal in the bikini line. The dr used the same spot as my C-section incision, but this one is longer. Nearly all the way across.

For ME, the pain was so much worse than the C-section. Everyone is different. I am 3 wks post-op and thought I would be getting around and doing more. I find ice packs, especially the Swelly Belly band are a must. I just ordered my 2nd band so one can be in the freezer and I can rotate them.

After the first week the pain changed to a burning type pain between my belly button & incision. Not the incision itself. It's inside that hurt.

For me, the c-section recovery was easy and I was up walking well in no time. This is taking longer.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register