Scheduled LAVH Nervous yet relieved! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nervous yet relieved! Nervous yet relieved!

Unread 05-07-2013, 07:12 PM
Nervous yet relieved!

Hello...New here!

My LAVH is scheduled for June 11. After 5 years of neglecting my routine pap smears I was finally driven to go get my checkup due to two years of increasing heavy bleeding and cramping every month. I went in expecting to schedule an Ablation appointment and left with an appointment for a total hysterectomy!

My uterus is enlarged 3 times it's normal size and even though neither vaginal nor abdominal ultrasounds could find it, she seems puzzled as to why she appears to feel a large fibroid tumor. I obviously wish I had been more faithful to those yearly checks but what's done is done..and I can only more forward. I am waiting anxiously for my biopsy results now.

Yesterday, I was in a tailspin and my surgery date seemed way to close. Today, I wish it were sooner because I just want it over with! It's starting to sink in that I only have one monster period to live through and then I never have to deal with any of that again!

I'm looking forward to getting to know my hystersisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2013, 07:29 PM
Re: Nervous yet relieved!

Hi LazyDaisy84 to HysterSisters!

I know this surgery is hard to digest. The emotional you are experiencing is very normal, so you are not alone. Never on this site!

It can be hard to say goodbye to your uterus, something that has made its presence known to you, for better or worse, for decades. And now that is being taken away from you - that can be very upsetting.

Just know that the women on this site understand what you are going through, and we will be by your side throughout this process.

Unread 05-07-2013, 07:49 PM

Welcome, LazyDaisy! This has been a great place to learn, get some questions answered and get the support of women with your same experience. I completely understand the mind swinging back and forth from let's do this tomorrow and September sounds good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2013, 08:14 PM

I've spent the past few days reading over the site. I'm amazed at all the great information available here and am so glad to have read many different experiences, both good and bad.

I know I'm not alone, but my nerves and emotions are all over the place! One minute I think, "Just one more period and it's all behind me!" The next minute I think, "Maybe I don't want to do this after all! I'll just wait out menopause!"

I worry about everything that needs to be done, then I think about the few weeks of "vacation" as I recover....nothing but time with my Kindle and my movies....no work schedule, no any schedule except rest and recovery.

June can't get here soon enough....yet it's too close for comfort!

LOL! I feel like I'm going crazy! This ride is worse than ANY PMS I ever experienced!
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:19 PM

You will do just fine! I had my LAVH on April 4th and am feeling wonderfuL! AND....no periods this summer! YEAH! I truly believe that REST, REST, REST is the key. I sat in my recliner for the first two weeks and watched movies and read my book! This is an awesome site! You will learn a lot! Good Luck!
Unread 05-10-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deansgal View Post
You will do just fine! I had my LAVH on April 4th and am feeling wonderfuL! AND....no periods this summer! YEAH! I truly believe that REST, REST, REST is the key. I sat in my recliner for the first two weeks and watched movies and read my book! This is an awesome site! You will learn a lot! Good Luck!
Thanks! I'm loading up the Kindle right now! I won't know how to act being able to just sit and relax. I REALLY won't know how to act not having to worry about cramping and bleeding! I just wish my emotions would settle down and quit riding the rollercoaster.
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:07 PM

I am with you on the nerves part!! I got scheduled early and I go in Tuesday for Davinci and one minute I am feeling very confident and ready and with the flip of a switch I am ready to cancel the whole thing!! What a roller coaster ride this is!! I will be so glad when it's over!
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:41 PM

I completely understand, I was told two weeks ago that I have to have a TAH on May 30th and the first thing I thought was yes only one more period but once it set in the nervousness set in with it. One minute I'm relieved the next I'm a ball of nerves but I just remind myself it has to be done so the sooner the better. Just remember it will be over in no time!!
Unread 05-11-2013, 06:53 PM

Ladies,

All of these emotions, the , the back and forth, second thoughts, and downright freakouts, are very normal. You are not alone.

in there. Your surgeries will be here soon.

Unread 05-11-2013, 08:51 PM

So today is one of my confident days. I'm just ready for it to get here and get done!

I'm so grateful for each one of you that have responded! Thanks for your support and for those still waiting along with me for surgery...we'll all get through this together!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register