Just a little while more... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just a little while more... Just a little while more...

Unread 05-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Just a little while more...

My doctor set the date of my hysterectomy for June 13th. I am more relieved to be getting the surgery done than I am nervous about it.

Right now I am on my next-to-last miserable period! Bleeding so heavily that I average 3-4 "accidents" a day. Not only are the HUGE fibroids that have stretched my uterus out to 18 cm to blame, but also I am on Coumadin (a blood thinner) thanks to 2 DVTs and 2 Pulmonary Embolisms in the last two years -- believed to be caused by my fibroid tumors.

My doctor and I are on the very same page happily -- my uterus of course will be removed, but I will get to keep both ovaries in spite of masses on them, and am keeping my cervix.

I will, also on the day of the surgery have a vena cava filter inserted to keep any blood clots away from my heart during the surgery. I'm actually more anxious about that than I am about my hysterectomy.

I am so happy to be almost done with this misery every month -- the anemia, the accidents, the absolute fortune spent on pads and tampons that I bleed through in an hour anyway.

I'm sitting in a cafe' right now, TERRIFIED that when I stand up, there will be yet another accident.

That surgery can't come soon enough.

Happiness and blessings to all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Re: Just a little while more...

Amen sister!!! I'm so tired of the accidents and not being able to wear light color clothing!!! I have a seat cover on my car seat that is dark black and hot. The having to take two showers at night because I blead all over everything. The cramps, the bleeding and the general feeling of yuckyness is getting old. My surgery is on the first and it can't come soon enough!!!

I'm planning on brand new undies and a new mattress!!! All with NO STAINS!!!
Unread 05-12-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy29 View Post
Amen sister!!! I'm so tired of the accidents and not being able to wear light color clothing!!! I have a seat cover on my car seat that is dark black and hot. The having to take two showers at night because I blead all over everything. The cramps, the bleeding and the general feeling of yuckyness is getting old. My surgery is on the first and it can't come soon enough!!!

I'm planning on brand new undies and a new mattress!!! All with NO STAINS!!!
I can feel your relief from here!!

I am out now trying to enjoy the day, and in just a few minutes I'm going to find the nerve to get up from this seat and head to the bathroom yet again. I am terrified that I am about to discover that accident #4 of the day is about to be revealed.

I almost wish that I had had the surgery a year ago when the doctors first wanted me to. Just a miserable way to live!

Almost forgot to add that at 3AM I awoke to find myself soaked in blood from the waist down. I spent a half hour in the shower just to come out, go back to bed and have yet ANOTHER accident. Ugh!!!!!

Stuck wearing black slacks on a beautiful spring day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2011, 04:11 PM

Hi girls! I am having my hysto on June 2. Like you CrochetDiva I should of had this surgery a year ago, but I thought that just maybe I would go from perimenopause to full menopause and the fibroids would miraculously shrink on their own. Nothing doing they have grown instead--have a whole ball team in there! So instead of a vaginal its a TAH with removal of the cervix for me. Not happy about that and there are days when I waffle back and forth and think just maybe I can get by. But then the bleeding starts (past few months its been happening on non period days!) and then of course there is always the monthly "murder" scene! I even bought a lovely pair of cream colored linen pants to wear after the "event".

Also, getting all MY crochet projects together for the recovering period. Hang in there girls!
Unread 05-12-2011, 04:51 PM

I had my SAH in the beginning of April and let me encourage you, it's so worth it! Like you ladies, I had all the accidents, what a mess! I've passed the time I should have gotten my period (before hysterectomy) and it's NO MORE! What a relief. Surgery can be an anxious time, recovery long, painful (thank goodness for drugs), and boring, but so worth the health and freedom benefits.
Unread 05-12-2011, 06:17 PM

Yep I am so looking forward to that part of my life to pass. Hubby and I drove to Pensacola last week to celebrate my big 50. It wasn't that "time of the month" but guess what decided to drop in mid-month? You guessed it! I couldn't even sit on the beach in s bathing suit ;-(. And on top of that as soon S we left to come home IT stopped! Tired of it. We made reservations for a resort we like go to for end of July. If all goes like planned and I behave like a good girl during recovery I am wearing a WHITE bathing suit!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register