Is this to drastic? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is this to drastic? Is this to drastic?

Unread 10-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Is this to drastic?

I can't help but wonder if I'm doing something to drastic. I'm not in pain but have been bleeding about 20 out 30 days out of the month since January. I'm scheduled for surgery on 10/26. I've been reading posts and most of you ladies have been in pain so after surgery is much better for you. Is there anyone that did this just because of abnormal bleeding that can't be controlled by anything? And are you happy?
As you can tell I'm very nervous. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2004, 12:43 PM
Is this to drastic?

I did not have a lot of pain before my surgery just a lot of really heavy periods.

I would have the surgery again in a heart beat!

Tina
Unread 10-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Is this to drastic?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cajungal1963
I did not have a lot of pain before my surgery just a lot of really heavy periods.

I would have the surgery again in a heart beat!

Tina
Thank you Tina. That is great to hear. I will be keeping my ovaries. Do you regret having your cervix removed? Because of my history my dr. wants to take my cervix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Is this to drastic?

Hi SamS,
I never did bleed what I would classify as heavy, and I only had pain for about three days a month. The pain was excrutiating. I was taking 6000mg of Ibu a day, and it wouldnt touch my pain.

It really is a personal choice, many might think I went way overboard with having a hyst to cure my problems. I on the other hand really do not want to be having my kidneys or liver shut down because of the meds. My choice was to have it, and i can say today, I am very happy about my choice!!

Hugs
Kat
Unread 10-20-2004, 12:59 PM
Is this to drastic?

My doctor took my cervix because of a bad history also. If my doctor would not have told me he was taking it I would not even know it was gone. I do find that sometimes orgasims are different (sometimes not as strong) but that is due to the uterus being gone--you don't have uterine contractions anymore.

Tina
Unread 10-20-2004, 01:00 PM
Is this to drastic?

I never had pain...sometimes menstrual cramps. I just had a bleeding problem. I would bleed for 4 weeks...have a week off and then start again. It was driving me crazy.

I did take BC pills the month before my surgery just to have a break from the bleeding and it controlled it. My doctor felt that a hysterectomy was my best long range option. He was right!

I lost my cervix but kept my ovaries and I have not regretted it and often wonder why I didn't do it sooner! I feel 100% better and everything is better than before! I wish you the very best!

Deb
Unread 10-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Is this to drastic?

I can't say thank you enough to everyone that posted. I've been feeling very alone on this whole journey...but not anymore. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I do have one more question...someone told me that by having my cervix removed I will need to use a lubricant during intercourse..is this true?
Unread 10-20-2004, 05:10 PM
Is this to drastic?

My cervix was removed and my DH and I used lubricant the first few times. It made me feel more relaxed and it helped. We don't use it anymore as I don't need it.

Deb
Unread 10-20-2004, 05:29 PM
Is this to drastic?

Hi Sam!

I didn't have a lot of pain before my surgery. Just really really heavy periods, and a prolapsed uterous. I kept my ovaries and got rid of the rest! While I'm still in recovery, I'm already happy that I had it done. I can't believe I'll never have to worry about having my period again, because honestly, it was so bad that I couldn't do anything when I had it (needed to stay as close to a washroom, and wear black the entire time ... I'm sure you can relate!!)

Good luck to you!

... Tracey
Unread 10-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Is this to drastic?

Hi SamS
I have had endomitriosis for about 2 years now. I been in severe pain and I have also bled for ever 10 1/2 months, being on my period. They did, however, stop the bleeding after a while. They put my on a Lupron Shot, which I'm pretty sure you have heard of by now. But yes that did work. I was soo abnormal, as you can tell...but they made me take that shot once a month for 6 months. I didn't not bleed during those 6 months, but however, after that six month, I started bleeding again once they put my on the birth control:cry:....I'm probably going to go through a histerectomy as soon as possible, but I'm only 15...

Best of Wishes with Everything!! and remember, If you need someone to talk to, I'm here, I been through it all just about..

Stef

Email me anytime you need to!!:email:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register