Iknow this is weird | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Iknow this is weird Iknow this is weird

Unread 02-24-2004, 07:38 PM
Iknow this is weird

I just have to ask has anyone experienced this? The past few months when I use a tampon and have a bm the bm pushes my tampon out! How weird is that? I plan on bringing this to my docs attention when I talk to her next week. Maybe I fear that I will need some anterior work done when I have my hyst. , just curious if any sister has experienced this? Can't or want ask any of my friends, they don't understand why a woman my age would be having such radical surgery as they call it. Why not try bc pills, hormones, etc. they ask? Like I haven't thought or tried all those already? Duh! Girls get with the program! Like I'm really excited about being put under, me the control feak. Well just thought I would ask. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2004, 08:24 PM
Iknow this is weird

I don't think it's too weird, because that happened to me too. Thinking about it now, I bet that was a beginning sign of my uterine prolapse. At the time, I just kept trying different brands, blaming the change on my baby's birth. (playtex pearls expand sideways, not up, worked better for awhile) I've gotten to the point where I can't use a tampon anymore without it falling out, I'm stuck with pads. I never thought to mention this to my doc, I'll have to at our next meeting, besides the TVH, I'm having my bladder tacked back into place, I wonder if anything else needs to be fixed?
Unread 02-24-2004, 08:34 PM
Iknow this is weird

WOW...I hadn't even thought about asking my DR about that...but I have had that happen for a couple of years now. I just kept changing them every time I went to the bathroom. BM or just peeing, even. anything that was a push would send it right out. Now it is at the point that I can't wear them any more, because they cause me great pain!! even the little junior sized ones hurt SO BAD! I can only assume it might be from fibroids, or something?!? But it never dawned on me that it may be something else that needs to be repaired! Great question. I am glad to know I'm not the only one!

Dani
fibroids, endo, adhesions, ovarian cysts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2004, 09:02 PM
Iknow this is weird

omgosh, that is so weird...i thought the same thing..i have the same problem...geez another question to ask my dr at my pre op...
Unread 02-24-2004, 11:08 PM
Iknow this is weird

i'm 8 months post-op....for close to 2 years prior to my surgery i couldnt so much as to get a tampon to go in all the way, much less stay...looking back, when i could get a tampon in, it would come out on its own whenever i went to the bathroom.......i would say youre probably dealing with a uterine prolapse..this can be easily diagnosed during a pelvic exam.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register