what do i bring ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what do i bring ? what do i bring ?

Unread 07-31-2010, 06:14 PM
what do i bring ?

what do i need to bring to the hospital with me i don't get my pre-op info til 4 days before surgery and want to know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2010, 06:36 PM
Re: what do i bring ?

Here are a couple of the must haves.

Brush/comb
toothbrush/paste
robe?
slippers?
mp3 player
laptop
Unread 07-31-2010, 06:47 PM

can i have my laptop in hospital
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mam123 View Post
I would check with your hospital. The one I will be at has Wi-fi so once I am out of recovery and in my room my hubby will bring it to me.
Unread 07-31-2010, 07:03 PM

I am bringing my laptop because I know that my hospital has WiFi. I'll be spending most of my stay alone (hubs couldn't take the time off) so I'll need my computer to keep me company. Besides my laptop, I bought some short, comfy cotton dresses to wear so I'll be comfy in my own clothes but still accessible. I opted for dresses instead of nightgowns because this way I can still wear the dresses later. In addition to the regular stuff (undies, pads, toiletries, socks, slippers, etc.) I am bringing a portable DVD player and movies to watch, a notebook, some hair bands, chapstick, my phone and charger, some books, headphones, a small pillow, a neck pillow, nighttime eye mask, and a hoodie. I think that's about all that's on my lengthy list.
Unread 07-31-2010, 07:47 PM

Don't forget to bring something loose to wear home. Your tummy will be quite swollen. I brought yoga pants and they worked well.

I also took a small fan with me. I get hot really easily and need moving air to breathe comfortably. My little fan is battery operated and actually lasted the full three days i was there. I also brought a baggie filled with crackers in case I got hungry and had nothing to eat. That really did help after the surgery as I waited for them to bring me something....I didn't have much of an appetite but a cracker now and then helped alot.
Unread 07-31-2010, 07:58 PM

Will you stay days or just overnight? For overnight I used lip balm and hand lotion. I wore in what I wore home. They provided all toiletries and slippersocks. With the IV I wore 2 gowns, one as a robe. I slept and didn't need any electronics, and had a phone in my room. Really, you need near nothing. But if you like tons of stuff with you wherever you go, or if you stay several days, you may like more of your own stuff. Also mints are suggested as good by a lot of ladies.
Unread 07-31-2010, 10:13 PM

I'm definitely going to take my Nook. That's the best electronic device I've bought in ages!
Unread 07-31-2010, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mam123 View Post
I did and it was perfect to communicate with family and friends!
Unread 07-31-2010, 10:51 PM

Some type of breath mint and a small mirror is a life savor for well meaning but unexpected visitors. And if you are staying more than just the night then something to pass the time is essential! I have had a LOT of surgeries over the last few years and hospital tv is dreadfully lacking and leaves you thinking of nothing but the discomfort at two am. Also, a light handy snack like the earlier poster said is great and a cardigan since you will be 'drippy' downstairs but can get chilly up top. Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register