July 30.. granny panties and sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

July 30.. granny panties and sex July 30.. granny panties and sex

Unread 07-27-2009, 04:55 PM
July 30.. granny panties and sex

Hello ladies. I am scheduled for my Lavh, LSO, and maybe TOT in three days (July 30th). As the time gets closer, I am starting to stress out.

My dear boyfriend is trying to be so understanding. We went to the mall this weekend to find me some granny panties for after the procedure. I am only 36 and have never bought any. After walking around the mall and checking out every granny panty available, my db was getting frustrated and told me to just pick some out. I then started crying in the store. I couldn't handle buying the granny panties. Through tears, I bought a couple of pairs. Once home, my db asked me if I would model them for him. I almost lost it again. I'm sure in a few months, I will look back and laugh about crying having to buy granny panties.

And then there is the sex. I have no idea if the LAVH and LSO will result in painful intercourse or lack of sex drive. So I am looking at my next 2 days as my last 2 days to have sex. It's like racing against the clock to get in as many miles before time expires and I have to go to the castle. (sorry if offend anyone) Did anyone else experience this?

Thank you for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Re: July 30.. granny panties and sex

I had a TAH/BSO so I can't say what your recovery will be like. But I do remember dreading buying the big white pants (which I no longer wear) and worrying about sex. I think it's pretty normal to wonder and worry. Once the swelling went down I put the big pants waaaaay in the back of my drawer and eventually got rid of them. Sex was a little painful the first few times, but not anymore. Trying not to worry is easier said than done, but try not to! My mom told me "you will still be the same person after the surgery as you were before" and I think that's good advice as long as you realize you need to allow plenty of time to heal.

Good luck!
Unread 07-27-2009, 05:15 PM

I had a LSH and never needed granny panties. My panties ride low anyway and were below my incisions so it wasn't a problem. Maybe you won't need them after all! I wore gowns around the house and workout pants the first couple of weeks when I went out and it wasn't ever a problem. Band aids kept my incisions covered so that clothes would irritate them.
I worried before it all too and now it is a distant memory already. Life will be back to normal before you realize it and it should be even better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2009, 05:33 PM

Awe, Im sorry you are having such a hard time. I can see I might feel the same way buying the Granny Panties. I bought them for 1 of my Surgeries (cant recall which one) & never needed them.
Your bf sounds sweet.

I had a RAVH 2 weeks ago & I never need granny panties either. I wore my Normal Bikini Panties & they never came near any incisions. I wore looser pairs the 1st few days as I was swollen & full of Water.

Wishing you luck.
Unread 07-27-2009, 06:00 PM

Tawas
I had no swelling and didn't need granny pants either.
There are plenty of posts that say sex is as good if not better afterwards. Enjoy yourselves pre-op, but look forward to the end of the sex drought. Just after surgery, you'll wonder if you can ever do it again and when you get clearance to try, you WILL feel trepidation if not fear. I think my DH was in a worse state, but it worked for us.
Sounds like your DB is a treasure. There is no ban on cuddles, kisses and massage post-op.
Good luck
J
Unread 07-27-2009, 06:02 PM

My biggest concern about this surgery was not the pain, not the long recovery, it was ...what is going to happen to my sex life? So, yes, I think this is a common fear. I have not been given the OK by my doctor yet, but everything seems to be working. And yes, I had the same desire to be with my husband as much as possible in those days before the surgery.

I never needed the granny panties, I wore low cut bikini underwear.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register