TAH 12/15/05 Help!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH 12/15/05 Help!!! TAH 12/15/05 Help!!!

Unread 12-14-2005, 10:00 AM
TAH 12/15/05 Help!!!

Well sisters, I check into the castle tomorrow and of course I feel like throwing up!!! Its just anxiety and nerves. I think it is funny how everyone says "You will be alright, it is minor surgery" and then I receive a pamphlet from the hospital talking about "Advance Directives" and possible paralysis, death ect... It really calms the nerves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Anyhoo, I want to thank everyone on this site who have sent well wishes my way and also listened to my rants about my insurance. This is a great site and I have recommended it to my gyno so that she can give this information to her patients. It is so great to have a forum to express your fears as well as obtain useful information, and share in other people's experiences. Please pray sisters, that I do not try to run away from home tonight to avoid the surgery I just cant wait until it is over! I will be back to tell my castle story. God Bless to everyone!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2005, 10:26 AM
TAH 12/15/05 Help!!!

I will pray for you that you have a peaceful day today and that you have a smooth surgery and uneventful recovery. Waiting is truly the hardest part. Take care! Soon you will be able to
Unread 12-14-2005, 10:28 AM
TAH 12/15/05 Help!!!

Don't run away - it is not that terrible! And, by the way, who told you this is minor surgery? It is definitely major surgery, and I tell you that not to scare you , but to make you aware of the need to allow yourself ample time to recover. The first two weeks are the toughest, but I found that everyday I got stronger, and everyday the pain subsided a little more. By the end of two weeks I was strong enough to make an emergency trip to NYC (I live outside of Boston) - it was a five hour drive, and I spent my days at the hospital where my mother-in-law was in grave condition - and they were long days. And I am almost 57, so don't be terrified of this surgery. I have been getting lots of rest since my return from NY; I can do things around the house but I am careful; I can drive; I can meet friends for lunch; I can go shopping; I can go to the movies; and I will go back to my job after the Christmas break (I'm a school psychologist). Just prepare yourself for the fact that the first two weeks will be challenging, and you'll get a head start on your recovery. My best wishes go with you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2005, 10:39 AM
TAH 12/15/05 Help!!!

Chocolotye-
All the best to you as you ascend to your throne at the castle tomorrow! My thoughts and best wishes will be with you! And I understand that feeling of needing to throw up from anxiety - I feel that way already and I still have 8 days to go. Feel better soon, see you on the other side of the board! Remember to rest and pamper yourself.
Julie
Unread 12-14-2005, 10:47 AM
TAH 12/15/05 Help!!!

Hi xmas babe,

I think everyone tells me that it is a minor surgery so that I dont have freak out about it. (It doesnt help!!) It's funny because it is the number one surgery in the country that is performed on women but a lot of people actually have no idea what it all entails. I have done my research and I am 100% sure this is the right choice for me. I am sending my prayers to you and your family. : )

Thanks for your well wishes "val31"!!! I cant wait to celebrate!
Unread 12-14-2005, 11:33 AM
TAH 12/15/05 Help!!!

God bless you tomorrow when you go to the castle. Remember you are not alone. The Lord and many other sisters are with you.

Nancy
Unread 12-14-2005, 11:35 AM
TAH 12/15/05 Help!!!

Chocolateye10 and Callie Kitten,
Wishing you both the best on your upcoming trips to the Castle.
The anxiety is definitely normal--it's tough knowing you're going to have major surgery. XmasBabe is right--it's tough in the beginning, but we HysterSisters are tough gals and you'll get through it!!
I've been very lucky--have needed very little pain meds (even in the Castle). Don't hesitate to ask for the pain meds when you're in the Castle. A nurse was right beside me in the recovery room and wanted to know if I was in pain (which I was). She immediately gave me pain meds through the IV while they hooked up my pain pump.
Be sure and rest when you get home. Nothing wrong with napping in the afternoon!
Just love this website. Ask questions and voice your concerns.
My very best wishes for an uneventful stay in the Castle and an easy, relaxing recovery.
Keep us posted.
s
Unread 12-14-2005, 12:59 PM
TAH 12/15/05 Help!!!

Best of luck to you! I can't wait to hear your "success" story and how waiting was the worst part

Unread 12-14-2005, 01:31 PM
TAH 12/15/05 Help!!!

I'm going in tommorrow also! Trying to stay calm. I am actually going to a HS band concert tonight, despite all the pre op routine I have to do, because it will help calm me. (My son plays, and the music is always a pleasure.) Husband gets to drive me to the hospital at 5:30 am in the middle of what is predicted to be heavy snow storm. (7:30 surgery). I think we will both be glad when tommorrow is past and behind us. I'll be thinking of you! And looking for you on the post-op boards. See you on the other side!
peg
Unread 12-14-2005, 07:59 PM
TAH 12/15/05 Help!!!

Chocolatetye and imapeg
I am going to the castle tomorrow also. We will all be there together in spirit tomorrow. I am also a little freaked out...that would be why I am sitting in front of the computer right now. I think I have done all that I can for now...the rest will have to wait. I will say a little prayer for us all tomorrow and will be looking forward to hearing your castle stories soon.
big hugs
Angie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register