Had my pre op today..... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had my pre op today..... Had my pre op today.....

Unread 06-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Re: Had my pre op today.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena1986 View Post
I have heard many women say they have had no bleeding post op. I really hope I am one of those women!!!!
Helena
I am one of those women. no blood, no discharge, no pad at all!!! I have not had any menopause symptoms either... no HRT, Patch no flash, or anything... just plain happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2011, 08:13 PM

My pre-op was today, too, for surgery on the 22nd. I only had two vials of blood taken, a chest x-ray and an EKG. Also got the antibacterial wipes. Pretty happy about the post-surgery restrictions (driving, lifting...not as rigid as I thought), but NOT happy about the clear liquid diet 48 hours beforehand. Ugh! THAT will put me in a mood for sure! Vodka is clear, right? Guess I better stock up on broth (ew) and Jello (yuck!). Needless to say, I'll be eating whatever I want this weekend!!
Unread 06-18-2011, 03:39 PM

Hey Msdsmith,

Yours and my surgery are on the same day! I have to do the horrible clear liquid diet too! But also bowel clearing with Magnesium citrate. UGH. Not lookin' forward to Tuesday. Eating very well this weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2011, 04:12 PM

Hi Renaquagrrl,

I'm thankful I don't have the magnesium citrate. Yuck. I do have to do the antibacterial wipes, but I don't think that's a big deal. When I had my polypectomy in April, the worst part was the not drinking anything after midnight, and that surgery was in the morning. This time I'm not scheduled until 1 pm. I'll DIE of thirst! I'm just anxious to get it all over with!!

Best of luck to you on Wednesday!
Unread 06-18-2011, 05:50 PM

I did the Citrate a few times for kidney issues. It is not as bad as you think..it is WAY better than an enema!!! I don't have to do a clear diet. I want to know though...if they want you to go poop before you leave the castle, why on earth do they clear you out before you go?! I am up for a challenge but that is rediculous! LOL!
Unread 06-18-2011, 06:03 PM

Helena, you are really funny!

Glad to hear about the not as bad as I think thingie. <3
Unread 06-18-2011, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helena1986 View Post
II want to know though...if they want you to go poop before you leave the castle, why on earth do they clear you out before you go?! I am up for a challenge but that is rediculous! LOL!
Ha! The nurse told me I'll just have to have gas, not a bm, or I'd probably be there for days. Nice. So at least I don't have to meet THAT challenge! I think it is so weird how every doctor/hospital has different requirements. Very bizarre...
Unread 06-19-2011, 05:42 AM

Maybe I will just have to strive for gas. Lol. I can do that!!
Unread 06-19-2011, 08:27 AM

hahahh! Strive for Gas!
Unread 06-19-2011, 09:41 AM

LOL...I think I will!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register