Overwhelmed by everything - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Overwhelmed by everything Overwhelmed by everything

Unread 01-11-2012, 08:02 PM
Overwhelmed by everything

I was overwhelmed myself. After my surgury. I awoke in agony. My bladder felt like it was going to exlode. I was crying and screaming in pain. I was given several different pain medicines but nothing was working. They said i was having bladder spasams. My dr was already in another surgury and couldnt see me. They kept sending someone to talk to him. By the time he got out of surgury and could see me i was in so much agony nothing he did helped. He finally called for a spinal block to stop the pain and get
Me to relax. That helped. I was also on a pain pump. That i hit the button on every six minutes. By the time the spinal wore off the bladder spasams had quit and the other medicine was working to control my pain. It was something i wont evet forget
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Overwhelmed by everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by May Sterling View Post
I was overwhelmed myself. After my surgury. I awoke in agony. My bladder felt like it was going to exlode. I was crying and screaming in pain. I was given several different pain medicines but nothing was working. They said i was having bladder spasams. My dr was already in another surgury and couldnt see me. They kept sending someone to talk to him. By the time he got out of surgury and could see me i was in so much agony nothing he did helped. He finally called for a spinal block to stop the pain and get
Me to relax. That helped. I was also on a pain pump. That i hit the button on every six minutes. By the time the spinal wore off the bladder spasams had quit and the other medicine was working to control my pain. It was something i wont evet forget
I am sorry that you had such a bad time, but I appreciate any input from y'all. I hope this memory fades away for you after a time. Best wishes.
Unread 01-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Re: Overwhelmed by everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Rose View Post
I don't know whether to keep my ovaries or not.
Hi Prickly Rose - here is an article about Keeping One or Both Ovaries.

Wishing you the very best with your decision!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2012, 03:03 PM

I had a TAH and felt the exact same way! Just think about how the quality of your life will improve and continue coming to this site for support. The surgery was the best decision I ever made and I wished I had it done sooner. Best wishes!
Unread 01-15-2012, 04:07 PM

Education will be your friend! I found that the more I learned, the more confident I felt in the decisions I had to make. I also got a second opinion and then returned to my original doctor because I liked her attitude better. It is also important to have the HRT discussion with your doctor soon because you may want to research more about your options there too. I liked the fact that I was a part of all the decisions so I didn't feel like it was all out of my hands. (I have an issue with being told what to do)! I ended up having everything taken out - and I had to have the TAH because there were issues with all other methods not working with my body. It isn't really what I wanted but it is what was necessary. I am 6 days out and doing better everyday. Thank heavens for this site - otherwise I would have panicked at the gas, BM, peeing problems that we all seem to share! You are not alone!
Unread 01-15-2012, 07:27 PM

Thank you for your input. Glad you are doing fine. Have discussed HRT with doctor and she said that every woman is different and she monitors them for symptoms before she starts the HRT regimen. Just worried about having to go thru menopause sooner than my body wants to. Need to do more reading. Best wishes Virginiabelle ! And Thank you to all for your caring attitudes!
Unread 01-20-2012, 07:23 PM

I have decided to have my ovaries removed after a lot of reading and discussion. So now I am having a TAH-BSO on February 10th at 7:30 am. Am trying not to stress too much, but that is a battle. I am not sleeping well, so I am going to try Tylenol PM. Thanks again for all the support and this incredible website where I have learned quite a lot.
Unread 01-20-2012, 08:18 PM

This site has been so helpful to me. Keep positive thoughts and do your research. Be comfortable with your decision and your doc and things will be ok. I'm trying to stay positive. Here's some positive energy coming your way

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register