daVinci hysterectomy anxiety | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

daVinci hysterectomy anxiety daVinci hysterectomy anxiety

Unread 05-15-2016, 09:06 PM
daVinci hysterectomy anxiety

I just turned 30 and due to my extremely heavy and painful periods my doctor has decided to do a hysterectomy. I have pain from my kidneys down to my thighs a week before, during, and after my period. I will keep my ovaries and I hope my cervix. It will be done with a da vinci robot. He told me to Google it and I'm not so sure that was a good idea since I have such horrible anxiety. Has anyone here had experience with the da vinci? Would love to hear from you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2016, 11:08 PM
Re: Da vinci anxiety

I had a DaVinci myomectomy. It was a good experience and pretty easy recovery. If you're not squeamish, go to HysterSisters video library and search for Da Vinci hysterectomy. You can watch entire surgeries. It really helped me to actually see what they would be doing to me and understand the process. With the Da Vinci tool, the surgeon has incredible control and vision. I thought it was really interesting to watch the videos ... but for some people it might freak them out. Still, I think it's good to keep in mind that while you don't have a lot of outside healing, there is a LOT of work that goes on in the inside. It helped remind me to take it easy after the surgery, because you only get one chance to heal properly.

Good luck!
Unread 05-16-2016, 06:22 AM

I had a DaVinci myomectomy. It was a good experience and pretty easy recovery. You can watch entire surgeries. It really helped me to actually see what they would be doing to me and understand the process. With the Da Vinci tool, the surgeon has incredible control and vision. I thought it was really interesting to watch the videos ... but for some people it might freak them out. Still, I think it's good to keep in mind that while you don't have a lot of outside healing, there is a LOT of work that goes on in the inside. It helped remind me to take it easy after the surgery, because you only get one chance to heal properly.

Good luck!

Thank you for your input I will definitely be checking out the video library!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbeer87 View Post
I just turned 30 and due to my extremely heavy and painful periods my doctor has decided to do a hysterectomy. I have pain from my kidneys down to my thighs a week before, during, and after my period. I will keep my ovaries and I hope my cervix. It will be done with a da vinci robot. He told me to Google it and I'm not so sure that was a good idea since I have such horrible anxiety. Has anyone here had experience with the da vinci? Would love to hear from you!
I had the same surgery 12 days ago. I feel better than I should so you have to be careful not to do too much. Very small belly incisions so you won't have much trouble getting around. As with any surgery there is anxiety. I listened to pre-surgery meditations (relax into healing by nancy hopps) and read preparing for surgery. Both of these helped me relax a great deal.
Unread 05-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Re: daVinci hysterectomy anxiety

Hi Asbeer, I too am facing a DaVinci, keeping my ovaries, removing tubes, uterus and cervix. Have read so much good and bad info!! I'm focusing on the good stories!! Because of constant bleeding due to fibroid I'm having cervix removed. Have read that keeping cervix may not totally stop the bleeding. Also have had many many bad pap results. My husband is coming with me to have a question and answer with my dr. I'm hoping too my anxiety will lessen after my questions get answered. I hope you can alleviate your own anxiety as well.. Will be thinking of you. Best wishes.
Unread 05-18-2016, 04:22 PM

Thanks I have seen where meditations work for many people! May have to give it a try
Unread 05-18-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjean View Post
Hi Asbeer, I too am facing a DaVinci, keeping my ovaries, removing tubes, uterus and cervix. Have read so much good and bad info!! I'm focusing on the good stories!! Because of constant bleeding due to fibroid I'm having cervix removed. Have read that keeping cervix may not totally stop the bleeding. Also have had many many bad pap results. My husband is coming with me to have a question and answer with my dr. I'm hoping too my anxiety will lessen after my questions get answered. I hope you can alleviate your own anxiety as well.. Will be thinking of you. Best wishes.
They just informed me today that I will be having my cervix removed as well. I'm so terrified. I hope all goes well with yours! When do you go in for surgery? I will be going on July 1st and hoping to feel up to atleast a relaxing cookout and fireworks with family by the 4th.
Unread 05-18-2016, 05:19 PM
Re: daVinci hysterectomy anxiety

My cervix will also be taken. I just added a post about vaginal support after removal of the cervix. Please read it!! I think it's important. I'm scheduled for surgery June 22. I'm also a bit worried about the holiday. My anxiety is totally revved up!!!! I'm seeing my dr to hopefully help alleviate some of my anxiety. I'm so sorry you are so frightened... Try to focus on the stories of success and lives that have been enriched by this procedure!!! You will be in my thoughts!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register