the Castle call! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

the Castle call! the Castle call!

Unread 01-08-2004, 01:17 PM
the Castle call!

I go to the castle On friday Feb 6 th at 8:15 am, cool first in line!
To bad I finished all the big cleaning yesterday, it would have given me something to do, while I waited. I guess now it's time to prep the DH! I've been explaining how things are going , and what he's getting in to, but ya know I'm gonna have to just end up throwing him into the deep end anyway. He's pretty handy around the house, domestic-wise-so he and the kids won't starve, and they'll have clean clothes. My 2 year old is a Momma Bug, his favorite place to be is ensconced in Mom's lap. Any ideas on how to deal with this post surgery with out him feeling uncuddled?( Daddy hugs only go so far. My 8 yr old daughter is the exact opposite, Mom can go hang most times unless she really sick, lol. ) I've been talking to my best friend alot lately, she had her hysterectomy last year at 34, and between this site and her, most of my questions have been answered, execpt for the one above.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2004, 02:07 PM
castle call

Hi there Winterglory - I noticed from your profile that we are both 1966 models (what a great year!!! ha ha ha) - I too was wondering how things would be when I returned from the castle (I'm now 10 weeks post of TAH/LSO) - but my DH was just TOOO wonderful and my children (DD aged 10 and DS aged 8) were great - they kept coming in to check on me when they came home from school (mainly my DS - my DD sounds the same as yours - take the cuddles or leave them - and when she's sick its usually dad who she gravitates towards) - my DS told me how wonderful it was to have me home and showered me with lots of cuddles - I am sure everything will work out for you - best of luck with your surgery and your return home from the castle - if you are anything like me you will realise it was all worth it in the end. Let me know how you go - Big from your sister in Australia - Love Sharon xx
Unread 01-09-2004, 07:51 AM
the Castle call!

Hi, it sounds like you have everything pretty much under control.
About your question about how to give your 2 year old the mom time that he will need. Maybe your DH can pick him up and place him next to you ( not on your lap - ouch ). I would have a pillow ( or more ) on your lap to help prevent any accidental nudges. I would keep it short periods of time at first and keep DH nearby to take control if needed. Also remember - no lifting him yourself!

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register