help!! I am sick | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help!! I am sick help!! I am sick

Unread 03-29-2005, 08:24 AM
help!! I am sick

Help sisters!! I have a nasty cold and I need any suggestions on how to kick it fast. I started antibotics last friday when my dd started getting sick so hopefully no infection will kick in. I have no energy to do all the stuff that needs to get done before friday. So, if anyone has old wives tales or something that works for them please pass on the info. I am desperate not to have this surgery canceled. Cross your fingers for me please!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2005, 09:13 AM
help!! I am sick

Lots of vitamin C. Orange juice! and plenty of rest. Good luck.
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:10 AM
help!! I am sick

Check with your doctor and see if you can take Cold-Ez zinc lozenges. They can knock a cold out in just a few days (if you take them at the first symptom, they can totally prevent a cold!) But again, check with your doctor, as some medications, vitamins, and minerals can cause problems during surgery.

s,

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2005, 10:16 AM
help!! I am sick

Hello, to kick a cold fast, drink green tea w/honey and ginsing. It helps me and my kids from getting sick and helps to get over getting sick faster. Hope this helps
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:20 AM
rest is magic

sleep, water, hot bath, sleep, nyquil to help you sleep, chicken soup, oj, sleep, vaporizer, sauna...sleep, don't panic. Noom
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:42 AM
help!! I am sick

"ZICAM" NO-DRIP LIQUID NASAL GEL COLD REMEDY SWABS! YOU CAN BUY THIS AT WAL-MART. CLINICALLY PROVEN TO REDUCE THE DURATION OF THE COMMON COLD AND SEVERITY OF COLD SYMTOMS - I AM GOING ON 5 WEEKS POST OP AND I GOT MY COLD A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO AND STARTED TO USE THIS - I HAVE USED THIS BEFORE AND WORKS FOR ME.

TAKE CARE HYSTERSIS - :nose:
Unread 03-29-2005, 10:44 AM
help!! I am sick

Quote:
Originally posted by SharonGriffitt
Hello, to kick a cold fast, drink green tea w/honey and ginsing. It helps me and my kids from getting sick and helps to get over getting sick faster. Hope this helps
Most doctors do not want their patients drinking green tea before surgery. Ginseng and green tea may enhance effects of anticoagulant medications could cause bleeding.

Check with your doctor before taking anything that may cause your surgery to be postponed.
Unread 03-29-2005, 11:10 AM
help!! I am sick

I second the Zicam.

How are your lungs/bronchials? If you think you are getting anything like bronchitis or lung problems, you definitely want to tell your doctor. You don't want to have surgery if you're already having breathing problems.

But I think Zicam works - it's works for me!

BTW, I've been through this before... was cancelled first time for multiple infections (March 8), the second time I was cancelled for scheduling conflict (March 22) but ended up with bronchitis anyway. The third time I was cancelled (for April 12) was cause my surgeon was in an accident (broke his wrist). Now I'm meeting with another surgeon April 6th. Must be the fates...

blow like a reed in the wind.

lisandboo
Unread 03-29-2005, 11:17 AM
help!! I am sick

Hi,
I was just reading the responses to you question. I drink green tea every night but learned from reading this website that green tea thins your blood and you shouldn't be taking it before surgery. You should check this out. Green tea might not be the way to go right before surgery.

Good luck.

amyr
Unread 03-29-2005, 11:20 AM
I'm sick, too!

Hey Yall!

My surgery is exactly in one week - I got sick from my dh and ds. I called my dr. first thing monday morning and she called me in a z-pack. So hopefully, I can kick this before next wednesday!

I don't know about taking herbs and stuff - I would definately recommend calling your dr. and getting him/her to call you in something!!!

Good luck to all of next week's hystersisters (like me)!!!!
Thanks,
CJH

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register