PCOS and adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PCOS and adenomyosis PCOS and adenomyosis

Unread 03-05-2009, 04:22 AM
PCOS and adenomyosis

I'm new here and so glad this forum is here. I was diagnosed with adeno in April of 2003, when I had my uterus tacked up and my tubes tied. Over these past almost 6 years I have had chronic low back pain, hip and leg pain down to the knees, pain just below my belly button and bowel problems (like running to the bathroom up to 10 times a day). I had no idea these symptoms were related to the adeno. I live on ibuprofen, and over the years it has pretty much stopped working. I've been to doctor after doctor and all concluding that nothing was wrong with me. I think my gyn had forgotten about the adeno diagnosis in 2003. I was ready to apply for disability!! I can't stand for more than a few mintues at a time, I can't walk very far without having to sit. It's to the point I don't leave my house. I just sit on the couch or try to sleep, and just turning over in bed is a chore. I'm only 32. This week when my menses started I had cramps that I compare to labor pains, I was crying they hurt so bad. I got online and typed in my symptoms and adeno showed up in the search. It showed every symptoms I've had for the last 6 yrs. I called my gyn and have an appointment on Monday. I just hope he's willing to do a hysterectomy. I have no insurance, but I will find a way! I would be a new woman to be pain free. I can't help but cry when writing this because I know I'm not crazy!! And I know there will be an end to my 6 years of suffering. Thank you ladies for being here. I will post an update on Monday!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2009, 11:38 AM
PCOS and adenomyosis

I was recently diagnosed with adeno, and I have constant lower back pain. Sometimes it hurts so bad that I can barely walk. I am now having some sort of sharp pains on my left side (which is new) and I hope it related to the adeno/endo. My TAH is Tuesday, and I don't want to reschedule it, so I am just assuming this pain is from the disease and nothing else ! LOL !
Unread 03-05-2009, 12:18 PM
PCOS and adenomyosis

TAH on jan 22, Back pain gone...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2009, 04:22 PM
PCOS and adenomyosis

I don't want to scare y'all but I'm 8 weeks post op and still have the back pain. I can literally tell you when I should have my period even though it doesn't come just based on my back. This would be my second cycle since my surgery. I am however, still trying to identify if it is the same or maybe a little better. The good news is...no cramping.

Hang in there everyone.
Unread 03-05-2009, 05:27 PM
PCOS and adenomyosis

I had Adeno and horrible back pain prior to my TAH on 1/8.

NOW I FEEL BETTER THAN I HAVE IN YEARS!!!!!!!

All the best with your surgery and recovery!!!!
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:02 PM
PCOS and adenomyosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by triadkitty
I'm new here and so glad this forum is here. I was diagnosed with adeno in April of 2003, when I had my uterus tacked up and my tubes tied. Over these past almost 6 years I have had chronic low back pain, hip and leg pain down to the knees, pain just below my belly button and bowel problems (like running to the bathroom up to 10 times a day). I had no idea these symptoms were related to the adeno. I live on ibuprofen, and over the years it has pretty much stopped working. I've been to doctor after doctor and all concluding that nothing was wrong with me. I think my gyn had forgotten about the adeno diagnosis in 2003. I was ready to apply for disability!! I can't stand for more than a few mintues at a time, I can't walk very far without having to sit. It's to the point I don't leave my house. I just sit on the couch or try to sleep, and just turning over in bed is a chore. I'm only 32. This week when my menses started I had cramps that I compare to labor pains, I was crying they hurt so bad. I got online and typed in my symptoms and adeno showed up in the search. It showed every symptoms I've had for the last 6 yrs. I called my gyn and have an appointment on Monday. I just hope he's willing to do a hysterectomy. I have no insurance, but I will find a way! I would be a new woman to be pain free. I can't help but cry when writing this because I know I'm not crazy!! And I know there will be an end to my 6 years of suffering. Thank you ladies for being here. I will post an update on Monday!!
Sorry to hear of your troubles I too had suffered for many years, and I tried 2 different doctors (within 3 years). I was always told "you just have bad periods. Try taking ibuprofen a few days before your period" Ahh!! I told them I was taking up to 20 a day (during my period)! Thank goodness for doc number 3, which I just found this past September. *on a tangent* I wish it wasn't so darn hard to get them to LISTEN and BELIEVE you sometimes.*off the tangent* He listened to my symptoms (super similar to yours), and I was in for a laparoscopy 2 weeks later, and a hysterectomy a month ago. I hope you get some real answers this time. As far as I know, examination of the surgical specimen under a microscope after hysterectomy is the only method to make an absolute diagnosis of adenomyosis.
Did they rule out endo when you had your tubes tied? You are not crazy either. I know that pain, and, whoa. I think the treatments for adeno are very similar for endo, Lupron, hysterectomy...I had both and I have a new life now. I am still recovering from surgery, but I have no more of THAT pain. It's amazing. I wish you all the luck and hope things come together for you.

Kelly
Unread 03-05-2009, 06:50 PM
PCOS and adenomyosis

It wasn't endo to my knowledge. My doctor is pretty frank when telling me things and he knows I'm the type that wants to know exactly what's going on with my body. He said in 2003 that the adeno was not advanced enough at the time to have a hyster. He said in about 5 yrs I would need to have the hyster. Well, times up!! I only hope it can be done ASAP. The only thing I have questions about is whether or not to keep my ovaries.
Unread 03-05-2009, 07:20 PM
PCOS and adenomyosis

I'm sure no expert, but I would think if there were no problems like endo or cysts that you should be able to keep your ovaries? I would've if I could've but I had endo all over mine so they had to go, so, now I'm on good ol' HRT. I've only been on them a month, but I guess it's okay so far. I'm 41. I'm hoping to only be on them until I'm closer to natural menopause.
Unread 03-06-2009, 04:40 AM
PCOS and adenomyosis

I also have PCOS. IF he gives the go for the hyster I want him to tell me more about the risks or benefits of keeping my ovaries. I don't want him to have to go in again in a couple of years if keeping them will cause problems later on with the PCOS. I haven't researched that part yet. My sister had a TAH BSO, when she was 29, due to cancer. She says early menopause isn't really that bad. Well, I better get to doing some research!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register