Small children | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Small children Small children

Unread 11-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Small children

I have 3 small children. Ages 5,2,and 1. From your experience how long do I need someone to watch my children? My husband will be with me the first week. We have two sets of grandparents to watch them.
Will I not even feel like them being at the house? I am one of those moms that always has my kids with me and doen't expect anyone else to have to watch them. I do love the help when it's needed. It's just sometimes even when I'm sick, I hate them being away from me. When I came home after my c-section I wanted them there the same day.
When can I pick up my 1 year old? he's like 20 pounds. Thank you for your help.
Elisha Conway

Oh yeah I'm having a lavh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Re: Small children

I had a TAH so my restrictions were different. My in-laws watched my son for a week after I got home from the hospital. My son is 5 and very active. They brought him to visit and then brought him home after the weekend. I also had him stay with them the next weekend as well. I was really out of it the first week and in quite a bit of pain, not to mention hot flashes which all made me very cranky. It is hard to say how long you will be out of commission because everyone is different. I would try to get help and see if the grandparents can watch the little ones for a few days if possible. You can always ask them to bring the kiddos home sooner if you are feeling up to it. Getting better needs to be your top priority so you can be there for your kids when you feel better. Over extending yourself can make your recovery harder. As for the lifting restrictions you should make sure you discuss with your doctor before hand. Good luck!
Unread 11-29-2009, 11:58 AM

Elisha - I don't have any small children but I would not have wanted to watch them full time even now and I'm 2 weeks 2 days post op. I'm still very tired.

Can the grandparents help out during the day past the first week?? You might want to line someone up for the first month and then if you don't need them you can cancel. BUT the IMPORTANT part is for you to get well and that takes time.....you need to be there for them at the other end of this and that won't happen if you over do and have to be down even longer then expected.

I only have dogs to care for and I'm just now getting back to doing those jobs.

Take good care of yourself...you only have one time to heal well ....take advantage of the time to pamper yourself cause with those little ones that time won't come again for a long time!

Hugs to everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2009, 03:16 PM

Hi I had a LAVH on the 13th of Nov, and for the 1st week I was pretty much in bed sleeping but after that I felt 100% better, I did have horrible heartburn that was keeping my stomach upset... but once that got undercontrol I am great! I was worried to as I have small kids i didnt pick up my 22 month old till about 1 week post op, prob to soon but shes my baby! Good Luck on your surgery!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register