Scheduled TAH Am I weird? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:25 AM
Re: Am I weird?

I had some nerves but not many, I insisted on a hysterectomy after having the options of bc, ablation, or hyst. I couldn't wait to have that vile pain causing organ removed from my body. The Dr wasn't keen on doing it, even offered an ablation 15 minutes before my surgery!!! He sure changed his tune when they got in there and found out due to adhesions my abdominal wall and bowels were playing tug of war with my uterus! Now I just have to go get my pathology report... I want to know all the details. So Naw you're not weird I was excited about my surgery too. See you on the other side!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2013, 02:21 AM

Well we drive the 2hrs to the hospital the day after tomorrow and I'm still not nervous. Thank God!!!!!
Unread 09-22-2013, 02:25 AM

I was with all of you....outrageous periods for over 40 years. When they stooped I was thrilled. Then spotting 2 1/2 years and periods again 2 weeks before my daughters wedding, had all testing done the week of, referral approved the next week. Surgery within 1 weeks later. They said it was going to be one day surgery, my heart told me no, so made myself a "just incase bag" amazing I needed it TAH done. That was end of May. Hospital was wonderful treated like a queen. Different ups and downs but now no more periods (yeah) and cancer was contained no need for treatments, just visits every 3 months, blood work, for 5 years.
My best wishes to everyone...
Unread 09-22-2013, 08:29 AM

I was the same way, I was super excited and counting down the days, versus being nervous. I was so thankful that soon I was going to be on the road to not being constantly sick anymore. So, no, some of us are not nervous, sad, etc before going into surgery.
Unread 09-22-2013, 06:39 PM

YOU ARE NOT WEIRD. It sounds like you have had enough, and just can't wait. I have moments were I wish I did it earlier.
Unread 09-23-2013, 09:46 AM

Tthank goodness I am not alone here ! I have only had 4 weeks to think about this - didn't even know I had this problem and now my hystorectomy is scheduled for Oct 14. I kinda feel weirdly impartial to it as tough this isn't me. Yet it seems as though I am also exitced. Perhaps this is because of the unexpected problem. A total hystorectomy and ovaries plus other repair work all at once - to make matters worse the cream is also causing unwanted stimulation - anyone else in this predicament. I thought that this was a thing I could forget about being 71.

Best wishes to all
Dino 71 in Aust.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register