Finally date..so very scared!! Advice Plleeaassee.. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Finally date..so very scared!! Advice Plleeaassee.. Finally date..so very scared!! Advice Plleeaassee..

Unread 06-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Finally date..so very scared!! Advice Plleeaassee..

Bless you all for your words of encouragement. I don't know what I would do without all of you to get me through this. Its so comforting to know we are all doing this together, and yes we will get through this. My deepest thanks again, I will keep you informed as time gets closer.

Analese
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2005, 07:18 PM

I'm new to this site, but it has already helped me. Had surgery 2 weeks ago tomorrow. No regrets. I couldn't sleep the night before and didn't sleep well for a week before. Some pain, but doctors and nurses were great. I'm improving everyday. The waiting is the worst part. Trust your doctor, and take care of yourself after. I'm sure we'll all do great !

butterflies
Unread 06-20-2005, 07:36 PM

Thank you for your encouragement to me earlier, now I'll return the favor. I have the utmost confidence in my doctor-but my faith is in God and He will even be watching over the doctor. It is fear of the unknown--scratch that-- I think it may be more fear of loss of control. As women we are groomed to handle house, job, kids, husband, finances, be everything to everybody. Maybe if we could perform the surgery ourselves it would not be such a scary thought! I KNOW I cannot continue to live this way--nor can my family. I KNOW I will feel so much better after it is over. I KNOW thousands of these surgeries are done everyday with little to no complications. I KNOW you KNOW all this stuff too! I will be saying your name in my prayers tonight, that we both would find peace in this storm. God bless and thanks again for your pep talk!

homediva
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2005, 11:46 AM

Analese,

I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone in your fears about going into surgery. Mine is happening on 7/13 and I have been thinking about all the "what if's". I have decided this past week that I will think about the positives of the surgery instead of the bad things that could/could not happen. I am so tired of feeling tired, and being in pain all the time. I want to be able to run in the yard with my kids, and to be able to exercise w/out pain and "accidents" to worry about. I was told to have this done when I was 18 yrs but told the dr I wanted to have kids first.

I feel like the time is right to have this done now, and I am really excited and sick about it at the same time. I don't know if that makes sense or not, but I will be so excited about it one minute, ane the next will think about something that could go wrong or something that might change for the worst, and get this sick to my stomach feeling. You are not alone in your feelings about this surgery. Many of us feel the same way. Hope this has helped you in at least some small way. Good luck in your decision.
Unread 06-21-2005, 11:53 AM

Analese,
I just got off the phone with the surgery scheduler and I am also going in on July 11th,at 9:30am. My heart is pounding but I am determined not to cancel out again(I was scheduled to go in last November) I know I need to go through with it but I totally understand where you are coming from.

I am at work right now and have to go but I will be checking in with you again, if you don't mind. Good luck.....We will make it through this!

Jennifer
Unread 06-21-2005, 12:16 PM

To all of you ladies out there waiting for your surgery date to arrive:

Concentrate on the positive things...it will be over before you know it and you can look back with a huge smile on your face and wonder what the fuss was all about! I am 3 1/2 mo. post op, have had no complications, and feeling better every week! I had 12 fairly large fibroids and was in constant pain for the past year or so. Heavy bleeding, and a month before my surgery I bled the entire month. It is so wonderful to be without that pain...have not seen a drop of blood since March 2, 2005 and don't have to worry about messing up the sheets, mattress, and ruining all my underwear! And, oh how much fun it was to have the *throwing out the stained undies ceremony* And, you can walk past the tampons and pads at Wal Mart with a huge smile on your face 'cause you don't need those anymore! Life is good!

Yes, it is normal to be nervous and scared to death...however, I am living proof that it is going to be worth it. Follow your doctor's orders and let someone pamper you during your recovery. Get lot's of rest and life will be so much sweeter on the other side! Relax, take a deep breath, and think positive thoughts! Good luck and I hope your surgery and recovery will be as smooth as mine! Best wishes to all of you!
Unread 06-21-2005, 02:29 PM

Dear Analese,

I'm going in tomorrow for my surgery (hopefully TVH if no complications), so I know exactly what you mean about being scared to death. I've had two months to wait, worry and wonder if I'm doing the right thing. One minute I'm calm, the next I could be crying for fear of never waking up. The thought of handing over complete control to people we barely know who have sharp tools in their hands (lol) is also pretty scary. So, I think we are COMPLETELY NORMAL to have these feelings. I plan on holding out my arm immediately for that "calming cocktail" when I get to the hospital tomorrow. I know we will do fine, and just think how much better we'll feel!!!

Whenever I get nervous, I've found this site to be so reassuring. All of these women know exactly what we are feeling, and they have survived to tell the tale. Good luck to you, and I offer all my encouragement. One of the best quotes I've read on this site was by Amelia Earhart. It reads something like this I believe: "Courage is the price life exacts for granting peace."

Be strong, and I will too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register