Wednesday August 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wednesday August 5 Wednesday August 5

Unread 08-05-2020, 05:32 PM
Wednesday August 5

Heavensangel, sometimes those prepaid minutes expire, which is annoying. I switched my mother from prepaid to being on my account which is best for her, especially since the fancy phone syncs to her hearing aids so she can actually hear calls. It all depends on what you need and prepaid can really work out if it fits your needs. I guess we’ll hear from you when you settle back again, we’ll be here.
Kim, hard to know if you should say you can’t come in, the way things are now. Guess it’s a case of best guess. But do be careful.
Desk, hope things are getting better for your mom. Rita, hope things are ok.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-05-2020, 07:31 PM
Re: Wednesday August 5

Rita, good luck getting things sorted out with the return to school. That sounds just crazy.
Heavensangel, have a good trip!
Kim, it does sound like they are trying to make it work as safely as possible, do be careful. I am glad your appetite is coming back a bit.
Greyown your meetings sound kind of awful. It reminds me of a cousin who started a new job during the pandemic, and he has not been in the office yet. All online or conference calls, and he has never even seen his co-workers. He said almost everything he has done since he started is go to these meetings, by telephone. I think he started in June. I can’t even imagine.

As for me, my mother is in rehab and she is very unhappy with it. The problem is, if I haven’t said this many times before, she doesn’t know where she is or how she got there, and she asks repeatedly, being completely surprised to hear that she has broken her hip, or that she had surgery, or that there is a virus that prevents me from coming in to visit her. At least I can now visit at her window, so I can peer in through the screen and I can see her. She gets angry and frustrated as she has always been independent, and she is a total creature of habit. She keeps trying to follow her routine, and doesn’t understand any of the current complications. Not surprising, and of course I have watched her memory slip away over the years, but with her successful bridge-playing, I still held out hope that she could process some recovery. I am not sure of that at all. But we have another week or two before Medicare makes the judgement about whether or not they will pay for further treatment. I can only hope.

Not looking for a dog at this time, the rescue group was right, I had too many other obligations at this point, although they were only potential obligations a couple of weeks ago. Now I drive across town (small town) and visit Mom twice a day, and call her several times. She does know me, and our conversations are very repetitive, as I said. I just hate to hear her so despondent. She was so angry, she said “if I had a knife I’d slit my throat” then I said that would hurt, and she said “well maybe I’ll just start with slitting my wrists” which made me laugh. She is still so sweet, I wish I could help. As for the Videophone, it still has not been connected to the system. I have not had good communication with the “Help desk” but i do understand that Melbourne Australia is under curfew and they are having another bad outbreak of COVID. Things are bad there, but I have been able to keep in touch with one person who has promised to get to the bottom of the communication issues. I just don’t want my mother to pass away from boredom and frustration before we get it working!

I keep making fudge. At least I finally made a batch that met with my own approval.

Still walking, but have not been doing the video Jazzercise that is available since it conflicts with the walk and then the morning visit to Mom. I can’t do everything.

Thinking of you all, and appreciating your kind thoughts!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register