Scheduled LAVH 30 & have to have my uterus and both ovaries out =/ | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

30 & have to have my uterus and both ovaries out =/ 30 & have to have my uterus and both ovaries out =/

Unread 07-31-2012, 02:36 AM
30 & have to have my uterus and both ovaries out =/

Just turned 30 in June & have to have a hysterectomy with my uterus & both ovaries taken out.... I haven't been to obgyn for 6 yrs... But decided to go BC of my long painful periods... And come to find out I have PCOS... I have 10+ fluid filled cysts on my right ovary & 5+ blood filled (5cm (2inches) on each cyst) on my left ovary... So Dr is taking out my ovaries.... And BC of my long painful heavy periods he is taking my uterus (BC to just touch the pain when i'm on my period I have to take 1200Mg of ibuprofen & 1500Mg Tylenol) for the pain... So he said I have to have a hysterectomy... My surgery is 8-10-12 & it can't come soon enough.... I'm in so much pain its not even funny.... I am taking pain meds and they are not even working... Does anyone have any advice for me in surgery... I'm not ready to go into menopause =/ I can't afford to gain anymore weight =/ I don't want to lose my sex drive =/ don't want to grow facial hair... or lose my hair =/ & I don't want to be Moody =/ I wasn't expecting the Dr to tell me that at 30 I was going to have to have a hysterectomy =/ no other female in my family has had a hysterectomy =/ y me???? =/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2012, 02:46 AM
Re: 30 & have to have my uterus and both ovaries out =/

Good Luck with your post surgery healing. You will so happy the pain stopped! I know for me I kept thinking "am I really going to be pain free now"? It was hard for me to grasp that because I have had pain for so long. I hope everything goes very smoothly for you and you too will be pain free! Yippee!!!
Unread 07-31-2012, 02:57 AM

Thanx That is one thing i'm looking forward too.... BC i'm tired if being in pain.... There other is no more periods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2012, 03:15 AM

Oh yes, I can't stop wearing every white piece of clothing in my closet. I thjink white might be my new favorite color, lol. I'm joking about that but it is nice.
Unread 07-31-2012, 03:21 AM

I think the no pain and no more bleeding are the only 2 pluses I can think of....Lol i'm just scared BC I don't know how all the other things are going to effect me =/
Unread 07-31-2012, 03:23 AM

For me, the only hormonal side effects I've have/had are:

Migraines for two days - I didn't start my estrogen patches for almost two weeks post op because I felt great! And then I had the headaches for two days, finally slapped a patch on and felt better in a couple of hours. No headaches/migraines since!

Hot flashes - I get them pretty consistently but they only last a few minutes. I'd rather go through this, than the pain and misery I was having pre-op! Haven't had any night sweats at all.

I haven't had any mood swings, weight gain, sex is great and I can still orgasm.

I had everything removed, full hysterectomy. I'm also on Climara estrogen patches for hormone replacement therapy. ;-)
Unread 07-31-2012, 03:28 AM

Yeah I was afraid of that too. I'm 3 weeks post op now and pretty much have been ervous this whole 3 weeks pf recovery. Sometimes I would even still anticipate pain but now that I'm on the date when I would have been having my cycle and there's no pain I feel slightly better. Another thing is I don't have a great support system. Everyone knows me as the strong one so they think I don't need support but I do, emotionally. When I felt concerned and can't sleep I come talk to people on here who can relate. I have weird things post op. When my doctor looked at me like I was crazy, the sisters on here confrimed many of them had the same and its normal. Boy did that help me. Don't worry we are here for you!
Unread 07-31-2012, 03:29 AM

@ Cejai3 if you don't mind me asking did ur Dr tell u the patch was better or is that just what you chose?? How often do u change them & what happens if you forget to change them??
Unread 07-31-2012, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmia41 View Post
Yeah I was afraid of that too. I'm 3 weeks post op now and pretty much have been ervous this whole 3 weeks pf recovery. Sometimes I would even still anticipate pain but now that I'm on the date when I would have been having my cycle and there's no pain I feel slightly better. Another thing is I don't have a great support system. Everyone knows me as the strong one so they think I don't need support but I do, emotionally. When I felt concerned and can't sleep I come talk to people on here who can relate. I have weird things post op. When my doctor looked at me like I was crazy, the sisters on here confrimed many of them had the same and its normal. Boy did that help me. Don't worry we are here for you!
Thank you very much & I hope ur recovery wet goes well for you
i'm glad I found this sight.... It has helped me a lot by reading some stuff on here.... My problem is everyone else telling me all the bad things that are going to happen to me after my surgery... Which are the things I noted I was worried about =/ thanx for ur help
Unread 07-31-2012, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeJai3 View Post
For me, the only hormonal side effects I've have/had are:

Migraines for two days - I didn't start my estrogen patches for almost two weeks post op because I felt great! And then I had the headaches for two days, finally slapped a patch on and felt better in a couple of hours. No headaches/migraines since!

Hot flashes - I get them pretty consistently but they only last a few minutes. I'd rather go through this, than the pain and misery I was having pre-op! Haven't had any night sweats at all.

I haven't had any mood swings, weight gain, sex is great and I can still orgasm.

I had everything removed, full hysterectomy. I'm also on Climara estrogen patches for hormone replacement therapy. ;-)
Thanx for ur help & Sorry about so many questions.... Its just hard not knowing anyone who has had a hysterectomy .....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register