Scared for myomectomy 3/4: 25 cm fibroid removal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared for myomectomy 3/4: 25 cm fibroid removal Scared for myomectomy 3/4: 25 cm fibroid removal

Unread 02-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Scared for myomectomy 3/4: 25 cm fibroid removal

Hi!!
So next week I have my giant fibroid removal (25 x 20 cm) and Im just super scared for complications. They will possibly remove my uterus and another thing they worry about is alot of bloodloss during surgery.

I personally fear damage to my other organs (mostly because I read those horrorstories on internet) . I have NO symptons (except a bloated looking belly) , absolutely no bladder problems (I can hold my pee easily for a whole day) , never pain, no menstruation problems.

Im just afraid that the firbroid grew onto my kidneys or liver, colon and that They will take all kinds of organs out .

Also the doctors are a bit amazed by my situation. Im going to a great hospital but fibroids this size on people my age (Im 30 years old and I have no kids) arent really common in my country. So the doctors wont do this everyday. Im so concerned and so scared... How will they get such a large object out of my body?

I discussed these concernes with my doctor and alltho he didnt see very strange stuff on the MRI scan, he couldnt guarentee ofcourse..
Anyone having any wise words for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2016, 07:21 PM
Re: Scared for surgery: 25 cm fibroid removal

Hi! I too had very large fibroids that were removed through a vertical incision. I just want to reassure you that others have had very large fibroids removed and have come through fine. I did lose a lot of blood and had transfusions during surgery. But when I woke up, I felt fine. It was so great not to have that belly sticking out. I was also anemic and had bad periods. I'm so glad that's over! There were no problems with my other organs. I wish you the best as you make this tough decision.
Unread 02-25-2016, 08:31 PM

Just wanted to add that I have had both a myomectomy and then 10 years later a hysterectomy. I had good outcomes with both. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2016, 06:08 PM

I just had a TAH on 2/11/16 because of a fibroid that measured 19cm. While I'm still in the early stages of recovery, I think you'll be happy to get that thing out! My doctor took photos of the fibroid in the OR for me and it was MASSIVE! They couldn't believe how big it was. I'm not sure about your doctor, but my doctor agreed to do a horizontal bikini-line cut so that I didn't have a scar that went from my belly button to my vagina. She estimated that the fibroid weighed between 6-8 pounds! Best of luck in whatever you decide!
Unread 02-26-2016, 07:12 PM

I had 22 cm tumor taken out via vertical incision along with everything else... I had no complications and it was a normal recovery for whatever normal is. Everyone recovers different and every surgery is different . I am sure you will be fine.
By the way, the incision looks big at first but as you heal, it gets smaller and less noticeable.
Unread 02-26-2016, 07:41 PM

I had many fibroids,with the largest at 11cm.my uterus was 1700 grams with normal being 80 grams. I will get my full path report next week. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy with both ovaries removed. I was very scared to go into surgery with many if your same fears. I am so happy!!! everything went well and recovery is good. Just taking it slow, resting and staying on top of pain meds and stool softeners. Stay optimistic, you will be fine and so glad when it is over!
Unread 02-27-2016, 05:53 AM

Ooooh people people Im so glad I see all your reactions!
I didnt knew I had a couple of reactions (weird no email notification)
ANYWAY
Poeh I dont know where to begin.

A few days back I went clothes shopping and fitting made me 50% less scared of the surgery. Im SO done with it.. First my fibroid got unnoticed due to weightgain but now I lost the weight, I look pregnant and skinny (?).
I cant weight to wake up after surgery and they will tell me everything went fine and that I still have my uterus.
But still my question is, how will they get the large object oůt!
I should remind myself that the doctors do c-sections all the time and take babys out of tummys for a living haha.

I will keep you all updated and next week this time,, it will be my first day after the surgery!
Unread 02-27-2016, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplesmudge View Post
Hi! I too had very large fibroids that were removed through a vertical incision. I just want to reassure you that others have had very large fibroids removed and have come through fine. I did lose a lot of blood and had transfusions during surgery. But when I woke up, I felt fine. It was so great not to have that belly sticking out. I was also anemic and had bad periods. I'm so glad that's over! There were no problems with my other organs. I wish you the best as you make this tough decision.
Im so glad you went through it fine and healthy!
I really cant weight for my tummy to look normal again
Thanks for your message!
Unread 02-27-2016, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda1980 View Post
I just had a TAH on 2/11/16 because of a fibroid that measured 19cm. While I'm still in the early stages of recovery, I think you'll be happy to get that thing out! My doctor took photos of the fibroid in the OR for me and it was MASSIVE! They couldn't believe how big it was. I'm not sure about your doctor, but my doctor agreed to do a horizontal bikini-line cut so that I didn't have a scar that went from my belly button to my vagina. She estimated that the fibroid weighed between 6-8 pounds! Best of luck in whatever you decide!

Thankyou for your messages! You all make me less scared for it and more reasons to be motivated to go through it..
My doctor said it will be vertical, the fibroid is pretty high in my belly so he will cut even above the belly button (?).
Im so glad for you! I wish you a smooth recovery
Unread 02-27-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinl11 View Post
I had 22 cm tumor taken out via vertical incision along with everything else... I had no complications and it was a normal recovery for whatever normal is. Everyone recovers different and every surgery is different . I am sure you will be fine.
By the way, the incision looks big at first but as you heal, it gets smaller and less noticeable.
Oh gosh our sizes are pretty much comparable.. How could those things can become so huge!
Thankyou for your message!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register