waste of time - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

waste of time waste of time

Unread 07-05-2006, 06:19 AM
waste of time

Hi daisydimple,

I don't know how many tests you have had so far, so I apologize if I sound thick. I am still trying to understand healthcare in the UK (my husband is from Southampton).

I began to go through menopause when I was in my late 40s. My GP told me that it sometimes takes 10 years for a woman to completely go through menopause. I have never seen anything that said that menopause causes pain.

My GP did the blood work up - which showed that I had finished with menopause (at 48) and I replied, "Then why am I still having periods - eh - AND - what about my pain, heavy bleeding, etc., etc., etc.?" So my GP referred me to a GYN.

The GYN did additional tests vaginal ultrasound and uterine biopsy). It was only after all of these tests were run that we began to discuss my options. It took a long time until the decision for a TAH/BSO was mentioned.

Based on Poodle's response here - (and my own personal experience) it is frustrating to have to get relief from the pain. I do hope that the doctors are able to help you in a timely manner.

Noni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2006, 06:30 AM
waste of time

Hi daisydimple...I agree with the others that you should get a second opinion if possible. I had fibroids for 13+ years that kept growing and growing. Eventually, I had constant back pain - turns out that my tipped uterus (tipped backwards, not forwards) was laying on my bowel and was causing lots of pain. I mentioned the pain in one visit to my MD and when she did an internal she said "no wonder you have such pain and constipation - I can feel it pressing down". It can cause problems with bowels (and bladders from what I have read).

Please don't give up...you are the world's best advocate for your own body.

Good luck.
Unread 07-15-2006, 10:27 PM
My prayers Are with You

My prayers are with you. As I have been in a little bit of a similar situation. Feeling like you are being put off and in pain. I agree with the other sisters either on another opinon or try getting in to see the doctor earlier. Or at the least your doctor could do is give you something to help you with the pain. I know that is what I am having to do is take the pain medicine to get by until they can figure things out for me. I pray they can find out your problem and get you out of all that pain very soon. God Bless you.
Unread 07-17-2006, 12:14 PM
waste of time

In case you have not had a chance to read through the fibroid section of our database, here is the link: https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...=browse&cid=26. You may find a lot of helpful information. Being informed, knowing your symptoms, and having a good relationship with your dr are imparative to finding the right solution(s) for your health situation.

Best wishes to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register