Da Vince Robot tomorrow -- scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Da Vince Robot tomorrow -- scared Da Vince Robot tomorrow -- scared

Unread 01-29-2008, 04:42 PM
Da Vince Robot tomorrow -- scared

I am scheduled to have a total hysterectomy tomorrow at 11:30 a.m. with the Da Vince Robot. I have 3 hours booked to get me done. I am so scared. I had to eat all liquids today and take a bowel prep which is myserable. Any advise? I am so nervous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 05:05 PM

anyone?
Unread 01-29-2008, 05:15 PM

It is perfectly okay to be scared! A hysterectomy is a major surgery and the bowel prep is horrid!

Try to find away to relax if you can -- maybe read a book, listen to your favorite CD, hot soak in the tub, etc. And of course, stay close to the bathroom!

I wish you all the best for you surgery tomorrow and hope it is a great success! in there! Sending lots of s your way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2008, 05:26 PM

thanks so much
Unread 01-29-2008, 05:33 PM

Your in my thoughts. How long will you be in the hospital? Make sure you pack underwear, pads ,slippers, and pjs to wear going home. Also, try to relax tonight and watch lifetime. Silly problems on tv will take your mind off of tomorrow. Mine is on 2-4-08.
Unread 01-29-2008, 05:54 PM

Hi Tweety

Just think, tomorrow at this time you'll be all done and on your way to recovery! The feelings of nervousness are so normal. Do your best to visualize yourself going in peacefully, and waking up calm and relaxed. A good frame of mind is really helpful. I know how hard it is, but as I'm sure you've read a million times on this site, the waiting really is the hardest part. Once you wake up tomorrow afternoon, no matter how you feel, you'll know it's behind you and you'll know what you're dealing with. Reality is so much easier to handle than the unknown. The good news is that very soon this will be a distant memory. Hang in there. You're going to be brave and strong tomorrow. You're ready for this and you're going to do a great job! Good luck and peace to you.

Unread 01-30-2008, 05:37 AM

Thanks everyone it is T-minus 5:00 hours from now and I am still trying to relax.. Thanks for all the advise. I am nervous that I am doing the right thing. I am doing this because I am 47, my periods are bad and my pap and colposcopy diagnosis was HGSIL carcinoma in situ/cin3. Just hoping it will all be gone when I wake up..Thanks again for all the support
Unread 01-30-2008, 06:01 AM

I had a davinci for almost EXACTLY the same reason as you. While it is scary, it is not nearly as bad as you are imagining. I have five tiny lines left 7 weeks out and while I have not had the best recovery, it is still better then what I used to feel like before, plus I don't have to worry about cancer rearing its ugly head.

You will do just fine and join in with the people who say "waiting is really the worst part"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register