Scheduled TLH Surgery is a week from today (4/2). Really scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery is a week from today (4/2). Really scared Surgery is a week from today (4/2). Really scared

Unread 03-25-2015, 04:55 PM
Surgery is a week from today (4/2). Really scared

Pre op is tomorrow and I am really scared. I had conversation with a friend and she just totally freaked me out....how I will never be the same again.i am having uterus, cervix out and keeping ovaries. Should I be worried about vagina cuff. I need some support ladies...thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Re: Surgery is a week from today. Really scared

Hi. I was scared to death before my surgery. I was so scared of the recovery and pain and anything and everything that could go wrong. I was very pleasantly surprised. I won't lie it did hurt when I woke up but they are very good at keeping you comfortable in the hospital. I had my uterus, cervix and 1 ovary and tube removed. I have a vaginal cuff and I can't tell, it feels the same as it did before. Sex was scary at first but mainly because I was terrified the cuff would tear. It's going to be ok. When you do get the go ahead for sex just take it slow, listen to your body and use lube so it's easier.
Unread 03-25-2015, 07:47 PM

So sorry you are scared. I have 6 days until my surgery. Having the DA Vinci and frightens me of a robot doing the procedure. I have had 2 c-sections and people tell me I have nothing to worry about since recovery is almost the same but its just the fact that I'm 36yrs old and was not prepared to have a hysterectomy done especially since I had the ablation for my heavy periods and now 8yrs later experiencing pelvic pain. Ugh so nervous and stressed. I how the best for your surgery and recovery, you will do well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2015, 08:26 PM

Hi Wumi -

Your emotions, fears, nerves, and freakouts are very normal. This is a difficult surgery to digest and process. Recovery from this surgery is different for everyone. However, most women recover from this surgery and do not have any major problems.

Here is some information on a vaginal cuff. This is not something you need to worry about. The vagina is a flexible organ, and will stretch if needed. You do need to let everything heal before returning to sexual intercourse. You will probably be restricted for six or eight weeks from sexual activities. This article provides some information Resuming Intimacy After Hysterectomy.

Please talk to your doctor about your concerns. And know that we are here for you - we understand what you are going through.

Unread 03-25-2015, 10:10 PM

Thank you ladies...you all have been a great help
Unread 03-26-2015, 11:29 AM

wumi I was terrified of the recovery pain, also. I was also super bummed that they were keeping me overnight. but now that i'm home (my surgery was yesterday), I think I really built myself up about it, moreso than I should have. pain management is key, so definitely follow their advice and take whatever they want to give you lol. I know it's easy for us to say it's no sweat, but it's really a big deal to have on your mind. all I can say is what I've been told: it's totally worth it in the end.
Unread 03-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Scared surgery in 3days

I am anxious and scared surgey is in three days..no support from husband...feeling like am going to do this all alone....worried and sad
Unread 03-29-2015, 07:34 PM
Re: Scared surgery in 3days

So sorry that you aren't getting the support you need from your husband. I hope you have a family member or good friend who can be more supportive. Do you think maybe your husband is scared too and doesn't know how to handle it? I hope he surprises you and steps up to the plate by the day of your surgery. I was very scared too, but once I got to the hospital, they really put me at ease, and when I woke up, I was feeling good and couldn't believe that I wasted all that time and energy worrying. Good luck to you!
Unread 03-29-2015, 07:38 PM
Re: Scared surgery in 3days

Hi Wumi -

Your fears and emotions are very normal. I am sorry you feel like you do not have support from your DH. I think it is hard for men to understand this surgery. I know my DH did not. I think also men are fixers, and they cannot fix this. So they withdraw which is the last thing you need.

But please know that you are never alone - not on this site! We are here for you, and will be by your side throughout this process.

It is normal to feel sad. It is hard to lose your uterus, something that has made its presence known to you, for better or worse, for decades. And now that is being taken from you. Of course that will make you upset.

This is a difficult surgery to face. We understand and are here for you. Just keep getting on and posting - it really does help.

Unread 03-30-2015, 04:09 AM

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register