depress and overwilming | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

depress and overwilming depress and overwilming

Unread 11-06-2003, 09:22 AM
depress and overwilming

I only 36 years old, having a surgury on 11/17/03,due to a sever endometriosis.I sgoing to be a total Hyst,my pre-op was yesterday and also a calss.
I so scare and worry, my biggest fear is going on menopause so early on life, I very prount to get depress,the only thing I do is crying and think more. I the stronger of my family so for me to be on bet and able to do much for such a long time is kill me.
pls anyone I so much help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2003, 09:48 AM
depress and overwilming

Soul,
Hang in there, girl. You're not alone, you have many sisters here. Try to think of your recovery as time for you, time to take it easy. The better care you take of yourself, the faster and better you can go back to taking care of your family. I hope they can help you through it.

Keep reading this site, I can't tell you how much it has helped me. So many questions have been answered here. And please keep writing.

Kim
Unread 11-06-2003, 09:52 AM
depress and overwilming

I'm also 36 years old. I suffer from depression without the endometriosis and cysts. I am also having a total Hysterectomy December 10. Menopause early in life is the LEAST of my problems. Let me list the good things, so you know you will have something to look forward to:

No more pain. No more bleeding. No more fatigue. No more possibility of a suddenly bursting cyst. Less Risk of cancer (runs in my family). No more crying jags from unbalanced hormones. No more misery. NO more lost days of life, work, play, fun. Energy will come back. Health will improve. Strength will return. HRT can replace the lost hormones. Look at your options for HRT, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Tell the family 'time to stand up and do the right thing'. Give orders. Organise them. If you're the strong one, they need to hear the orders now, you're the general, they're your army. Person A will see to the meals. Person B will get the errands run. Person C will help you in the shower. Get them lined up as your soldiers. My DH is standing by for his orders. They're able to stand, to sit, to eat, to talk ? They can do things for themselves while you heal. Say to them, "I cannot be your strong one now, you will have to return the favour and be mine. Step up to the plate. You are needed."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-06-2003, 09:53 AM
depress and overwilming

Oh sister, take heart. It won't be so bad. Life on the other side of the surgery can be much better than you think, really, I am here to tell you. It is very normal to be worried, scared, concerned, nervous and all that bad stuff before surgery. And for me my pre admit appt brought it all to a head. I went on a hormone patch while in the hospital and honestly have not felt better. I am more emotionally on an even keel, sleep well and have this wonderful sense of freedom from the hormonal upheavals and monthly problems. The down side is that we never got to have kids but I am learning to like the child free life. It is not easy to be a recovering princess when many depend on you and you are not the lay around type besides. But rest you must!

Come back to the site for questions answered and support.
Blessings and hugs, Shawn
Unread 11-06-2003, 10:13 AM
depress and overwilming

You don't necessarily have to go into menopause after this surgery. I had a total hysterectomy with ovaries taken also due to severe endo and resulting thick adhesions. I was started on estrogen replacement via a patch the day of surgery. Talk to your doctor about this.
Unread 11-06-2003, 10:28 AM
I hear you

I am 33 & its hard on me, as well...

I want you to take a deep breath & calm yourself for 1 min. & try to remember how thankful you & I should be that its not worse...I know that women have suffered thru many things since the begining of time, what did they do? They suffered or worse w/o any hope...at least we have the smallest of hope that we are going to be okay...
It truly could be so much worse...
I want you to know that you are valued by us & if theres anything that we can do for you, dont hesitate to let us know...as I am always here for my hystersisters...

You know what helps me when Im down? I know that its silly but it helps me to get out of the house & go for a walk, just to clear my head, or to simply go buy ice cream, or rent a funny movie...it helps to get you mind off of it for just a minute....really it does...

Vent here, thats what were here for...please let us know how you are!
Unread 11-06-2003, 11:22 AM
depress and overwilming

hi hun i know how you feel re the depression and upcoming surgery but you will get through it hun ive had depression since i was 5 yrs old thankfully its lifted as ive got older but ive recently been told i can have a hyst i too am only 36 , its very hard to take at first but you will settle i promise i did nothin but cry for the first 2 weeks and i volunteerd for the procedure keep your chin up hun it will all be over soon and you will have a much better life without all the pain
Unread 11-06-2003, 12:47 PM
Listen to the ladies!!!

Dear Soul:
The hystersisters site was recommended to me by one of my doctors patients. I have only logged on this week and have found the ladies are very supportive, and offer incredible advice and support. Although I am older than you, and do not have the same decisions to face, I do understand the fear and the sense of being overwhelmed. My emotions have been all over the place and can, as the ladies do, understand

I have found that I do have wonderful support of friends and family, BUT have found the ladies on this site provide a wonderful understanding and a place you can go to VENT, and ask for advice and well just find additional comfort. Many have gone through this, and have found "the other side" not so bad!!!

Keep venting, and asking for help, it will help to calm you a bit. I too having surgery on 11/17... It will get better, and here you have found additional support!!!! Take heart and keep asking questions... women tend to always be so strong, but now is truly the time to let those around you take care of you...they will rise to the occassion!!

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!
Unread 11-06-2003, 04:17 PM
depress and overwilming

Hi Soul,
I have been very nervous about my surgery on the same date as yours. My dr. prescribed an anti-anxiety drug for me (xanax) which I am taking to help me calm down. I don't need it every day, just when I feel too scared to be able to function.

It is helping a LOT. You might tell your dr. about your anxiety, and he might prescribe something for you. Plus, I don't think you can get addicted to this stuff in 11 days, it's pretty safe for the short term. And the Dr. told me that they give this to pre-op patients all the time to help with the nerves.

Check with your dr. Your mileage may vary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register