I thought I was calm.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I thought I was calm.... I thought I was calm....

Unread 04-22-2010, 05:15 PM
I thought I was calm....

Turns out, i'm a closeted basket case. I received my FMLA paperwork from HR today and they want it returned in two weeks. The date of that deadline is two days short of when my pre-op appointment is. So I stopped by there today and asked that they fill it out and let me know when to pick it up, no rush.

But, BTW, can you confirm that my date is still June 2?

Um. No, it's not yet. (oh gawd.) I iterated that I have already arranged for my coverage at work for 4 weeks.

Not set until your pre-op appt.

May I remind you that I have disrupted my life to arrange for help at home, etc.

Not set.

Me; Is there any reason it wouldn't get scheduled since I already requested it and my doctor's nurse wrote it down and arranged my pre op appt based on that date?

Phone call to 'surgical manager'::
Oh, it's not set, but it should be ok.

Folks: I can't operate on should be. I need, No Problem! We'll see you then!

Now, I can understand that formalities have to be done for insurance purposes. I get it. I do that in my own job. But don't tell me this can be my day then tease me with an answer that doesn't exude confidence.

perhaps I'm being too touchy and paranoid. But it would be more than flipping inconvenient to have that cancelled, or rather, not scheduled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Re: I thought I was calm....

How irritating. What is the hang up? Hard to understand not having a firm date available. Well you have my sympathy here. Do you just have to be persistent or what the heck! Good luck with your date. Hope its settled soon.
Unread 04-22-2010, 06:20 PM

WK,
I totally agree with you. I was at the doctor office a week ago and they basically said the same thing to me. I was told that the doctor cannot reserve the OR this early in advance. But it shouldn't be a problem. I asked well when will I find out? Well a week of two before your date. FOR REAL? I have to make sub plans the last week of school. I need more than 1 week before my date. I'm going to be an emotional wreck by then. I asked when will I know if my insurance okayed the surgery. I got the same response...a week or two before your date. This really scares me because what if the insurance company wants me to have more procedures before allowing the surgery. I have to end this because I'm already getting emotional and it's to early for me to feel like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2010, 06:27 PM

Oh butterfly, we have the same "tentative" date. Prayers and hugs for you!

it's like a hurry up and wait kind of thing....
Unread 04-22-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WKShadow View Post
Oh butterfly, we have the same "tentative" date. Prayers and hugs for you!

it's like a hurry up and wait kind of thing....
WK,
We sure do!!! Sorry, I didn't notice it before. What type or surgery are you having?
Unread 04-23-2010, 06:09 AM

LAVH with Left ovary removal. I'm going to try to keep the right, but I have cysts on that side. The left has to go because it's twisted up behind the uterus. Can't win for losing.

But it's going to be good. I have to claim it! I dreamed last night that she nicked an artery and had to open me up...i woke up disoriented to my husband wanting some special time. LOL at least that took my mind off of the fear. It's funny how I can be cool and collected in front of everyone else, so much that I'm almost convinced that I'm fine, no worries, but my subconscious has other ideas.
Unread 04-23-2010, 06:17 PM

So, today is a contented day. Boss has accepted that a four week recovery is probably adequate. (I've only had to remind her 4 times that I'm not getting the bladder sling like she did. )

My thing is not her thing. Sheesh.
Unread 04-23-2010, 06:30 PM

Most dr's that do alot of surgeries(surgeons) have block time at hospitals reserved just for their cases every week. I wouldn't worry to much if they told you that date it'll be a go. ( I work for a surgeons and have for over 20 years) Itll be ok. Good luck with everything. Kirstin
Unread 04-23-2010, 06:52 PM

Thanks Kirstin. I think in my mind I know this will be ok, but the waiting is wearing on me.

I also wonder if it's just my imagination, but the pain seems to be more intense as I get closer to date. And more frequent.
Unread 04-23-2010, 07:25 PM

My symptoms seemed to get worse as I got closer too!! I think it knew this was it's last chance to give me pain!! The unknown and the waiting is the worst!! Now I can't remember what it was like to pee every 30 minutes !! Or take bags of overnight pads and changes of clothes every where!! I'm gonna wear white shorts everyday this summer !! It'll be worth it, you'll see!! if I can help you with any questions or just to talk I'm here. It'll be ok! Kirstin

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register