Unsure about upcoming ablation - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Unsure about upcoming ablation Unsure about upcoming ablation

Unread 05-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Re: Unsure about upcoming ablation

Thanks everyone. I have my pre-op appointment on Friday 5-18 and we're supposed to be scheduling the ablation at that appointment. I'm still pretty on the fence about it, since I know it does nothing for adenomyosis or endometriosis. I haven't been diagnosed with either, but a lot of my symptoms fit. The pelvic/backache and pressure have been constant for 2 weeks now, and for the past 3 days I've had pelvic soreness that seems to be aggravated by sitting in a certain position or moving a certain way and is sensitive to touch. It feels like something internal is raw or irritated, don't really know how else to explain it. I actually went in yesterday for a UA to see if I had a bladder infection (along with the sore pain I've been having to pee a lot, but no burning when I urinate) but it was negative.

So here's another question to throw out there--can endometriosis symptoms appear that suddenly? Or could a cyst grow that quickly? Can endo be seen on an ultrasound? I've only had one US since I started seeing this doctor in March, and it was transvaginal. I never had issues with fertility, but I know that not everyone with endo does. I've always had awful period pain and some occasional cramping here and there between periods, but never the chronic ache or this sore, raw feeling. And my bleeding has just gone from bad to worse over the past few years. I'm so afraid I'm going to go in on Friday and the doctor won't have taken any of the things I've said into consideration and is just going to dismiss me again. I did write out a pretty extensive list of questions to ask so hopefully that will help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2012, 04:39 PM

Regan Cassidy

I had Nova-sure done, which is ablation! It has been about a year now, and I was very happy with the procedure/results.

Good luck!
Unread 05-16-2012, 06:37 PM

I had the ablation in Dec of 2011 had a tubal in Oct 11 in preparation of ablation. Unfortunately for me the ablation "woke" up my fibroids, one showed up on an ultrasound. I had a period 3 weeks later..heavier than ever, I had 5 periods from Jan until April, had the DaVinchi hysterectomy April 27, 2012, The ablation and tubal cost me over 2500.00 out of pocket, feel like it was wasted money
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-16-2012, 08:37 PM

I had my ablation done 10 months ago. I have had no bleeding since the surgery YaY!!!! But I do get really bad cramps quite a few days of the month I think I will start counting how often because it is getting really old. The pain is just like labor pain and the only thing that has been working is pain pills. I am really considering asking them to just take everything out. I am soooo tired of being in pain most of the time.
Unread 05-17-2012, 06:15 PM

I had an ablation done in May of 2011. It was great for the first 9 months. Sadly, my periods can back as heavy as before. I hope it all works out for you. It was pretty painless overall.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register