IBS is flaring sooooo bad :( - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

IBS is flaring sooooo bad :( IBS is flaring sooooo bad :(

Unread 01-23-2003, 10:25 AM
IBS is flaring sooooo bad :(

Yeah that's what I had to drink before my hyst for the bowel prep......the Magnesium Citrate (called CitroMag here) although I have to say it did work better then that Phosphosoda stuff I had to drink before this laparotomy and it didn't make me throw up!!!

Hang in there sweetie and thanks for the info on the bowel spasms......I think it's entirely possible that might be what's going on, how we'd ever figure it out for sure I don't know?

's!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2003, 07:28 AM
IBS

I, too, suffer from IBS. *****, doesn't it? My doctor initially gave me Buspar (an anti-anxiety drug) and after 9 months I was better - all around. Next, it was up to me and what I put in my body.

Since I am on weight loss plan and journal everything I know everything going in me. I discovered my bad flare-ups happen when I have soft drinks and fatty foods. Now I only drink non- carbonated drinks and have added 3-5 servings of fruits and veggies daily (not easy for me, by the way!) and things are better. Not great yet but the flare-ups are getting farther in between. I hope my experience can help you - feel better soon!

Nancy

Unread 01-24-2003, 12:07 PM

Update: Yesterday, I started using Metamucil Waffers and, finally, they're working. I was able to "go" this morning and empty a lot more than I've been doing in the past two weeks. I'm continuing with the wafers until I'm back to normal... whatever that is Hopefully, because of all the bran, licorice (hey, it usually works for me) and chocolate I've added to my diet, I won't register a gain at weigh-in, on Tuesday... if I do, it will be for a "good" cause I'll just carry on.

((((Gidge)))) IMHO, the best place to start would be to ask your doctor is your spasms could be bowel spasms instead of the suspected bladder spasms. I do hope you get relief soon

Hi ((((Nancy)))), so sorry you're also having problems with IBS You're right: it's the pits. I'm glad you found something that works. I can't take fish oil tablets, 'cause they make my IBS worse: I end up burping uncontrollably, incessantly. BTW, I'm trying to maintain my weight after loosing 50 lbs... not succeeding, but that's a whole 'nother story... and I also journal everything that eat. It really helps pinpoint what is causing the flareups.

Thanks for all of the input I got on this thread: as always, my sisters came through for me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2003, 12:23 PM

{{{{{{{Dany}}}}}}} I am so glad the Metamucil wafers worked! I use the powder form of Metamucil and mix it in a drink nightly. But maybe I will check with my doc on Monday and see what he says about using the wafers instead. It will be like eating a "cookie" instead of drinking fiber. I hope they continue to work for you and you get some relief!

Emily s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register