I finally got an answer! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I finally got an answer! I finally got an answer!

Unread 05-05-2005, 11:18 PM
I finally got an answer!

After years of waiting, being told that I was young and healthy (pff, not anymore), that I was being a wuss, that it was all in my mind, that I should be seeing a psychiatrist instead of a gyn... my MRI results came back really, really positive for adenomyosis. I don't even know how to feel, excited, relieved, angry at all the time I had to suffer needlessly. Right now, I mostly feel vindicated. It's all over now but surgery, after more than half my life, I finally have an answer. I can have it fixed and get on with my life After so long, this almost doesn't seem real, like I am going to wake up and realize it was just a dream.

This didn't really have a point, I have just been overwhelmed today and needed to get it off my chest.

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2005, 08:39 AM
I finally got an answer!

dawn,
I'm so happy that you finally got the answer that you are deserved!!! I too have been told time and time again that i'm to young, it's in my head, I need pain management...yadda, yadda, yadda. Did they have to inject you with anything for your MRI? Could you tell me anything about the test? Just wondering since one of my obgyns thinks I too could have adeno, but just keeps sending me for ultra sounds....which, as you know, show nothing!!!

But god bless, and enjoy your moment.... this just goes to show that us women know our bodies the best!!!

Hugs,
Star
Unread 05-06-2005, 09:31 AM
I finally got an answer!

Yeah for you Dawn! It feels wonderful to finally get "proof positive" that something is going on in there. I know how you feel. The lap look-around I had done gave my dr clear precise pictures of my problem and he even gave me a copy! I also had a mystery hip problem 2 years ago and after I dont' know HOW many tests they finally found it during an arthrogram. I was ECSTACTIC!!!!

Enjoy your wonderful moment in the sun. Even if you feel that anger from no one believing you. Just know that

YOU WERE RIGHT!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2005, 12:26 PM
I finally got an answer!

Thanks, ladies! It does feel good.

Star, to answer your question, yes, they injected some sort of contrast stuff to make the scan "pop". I can't remember what it was called, glabbo-something-or-other, long weird name. The wrost part about having an MRI is that you have to be really, really still for a long time, and for me it was hard to stay awake, but that could just be me. It was boring, mostly, excwept for that fun cramp in my leg... but the results wer well worth that small discomfort. Badger your doc into an MRI, ultrasounds don't tell you anything about adeno, except that the size of your uterus may indicate it. You deserve to know what is going on inside your body, and your doctor needs to respect that.

Dawn
Unread 05-06-2005, 05:48 PM
I finally got an answer!

I just read your post and it felt like I just typed it. I just had my Hysto on Monday. Got home Wed from my TAH. Diagnosis at the time Disfunctional Uterine Bleeding for the past 10 years. I felt like I was a whiny baby.

Went to get my staples out today and found out that all this time I had Adenomyosis. I couldn't believe it. I had asked my previous dr about this and he laughed and said most likely not lets do the ablasion. Since I am done with childbearing I am so glad that I made the decision I did. Surgery went so well that I am estatic that I did the right thing and its done. I didn't get rid of a healthy organ just because my life was "not normal"

I am sure this doesn't help you but it was good to know I wasn't alone and good luck with what ever decision you make.
Unread 05-08-2005, 09:32 AM
I finally got an answer!

DawnRae,

What was the size of your uterus? I only had an ultrasound and symptoms but my doctor feels 80% sure that it's adenomyosis based on findings from the vaginal ultrasound. He didn't even suggest MRI and my insurance has approved the surgery based on his current findings. I wonder if I'm having a hysterectomy without enough testing...

Overcut:
confused:
Unread 05-08-2005, 03:00 PM
I finally got an answer!

On the ultrasound, my uterus was 11x6x4.5 cm, about 20% larger than normal for someone who has never been pregnant. I guess it is possible that your adeno is so profuse and clear that it shows clearly on an ultrasound, but that is pretty unusual. It does seem odd that your doctor is recommending surgery without further diagnostic testing, that would have been my dream to get to it so fast, but it still seems premature. Unless you are eager to have a hysterectomy, I would say that you should request (demand, if necessary) further testing, a MRI or CA125 test, at the least before a decision is made to have surgery.

You and I have opposite problems, even with this diagnosis, my doctor is squirrely about giving me a hysterectomy. Maybe we should switch doctors... or you could just put your foot down and say that surgery is not an option until you have a more definitive diagnosis. Good luck, sweetheart.

Dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register