All that for this? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

All that for this? All that for this?

Unread 08-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Re: All that for this?

Lisa,
OMG woman, laughed my head off! Thankyou...needed it! So glad everything has gone so well for you. Wishing you hugs & a great recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2010, 08:45 PM

Lisa so glad everything went well for you.

Hope your recovery continues on track.
Unread 08-02-2010, 11:08 PM

I'm almost 5 weeks post-op and it too wasn't that bad, the worst was getting up the first time but it gets easier. My only advice is drink lots of water and do as much walking as you can, you'll be thankful in the end that you did

Good luck sisters, can't wait to see you on the post op side.
Unread 08-03-2010, 06:00 AM

I have to hand it to you, Lisa.... If it were ME post-op just a few hours, hooked up to the PCA device, I wouldn't be typing nearly as coherently as you.

Glad to hear you're doing well. We'll look for your further updates over on the Post-op boards!
Unread 08-03-2010, 09:36 AM

I am still doing marvelously but I am hurting a little more--still no worse than my symptoms that brought me here. Of course we drove home which requires a LOT of stomach muscles---my hubbie kept his arm on my shoulder to lessen the amount of work I had to do to keep upright.

We saw the doc at about 8 AM and released as in rolled to the curb and thrown in the van by 8:45.

Last night was good, I didn't use the pump but half as much as I could have (used half the dosage) throughout my stay. When unhooking me they said I didn't even use 1/2 the allotted Morphine but I felt like a junkie, honestly speaking so that's how little I needed it. They took the pressure cuffs off last night which helped with mobility but my hubbie was concerned about clots so he rubbed my legs and feet for about an hour and a half with my lotion (he hates lotion on his hands so he gets points for that).

We both were woken up at 3 AM by them taking my blood pressure so we have been up since then. At 5 AM they took the catheter out and I took a walk and then earned champion Peeer status when I peed 20 ounces baby!

Turns out the doctor fixed something that I didn't even know I had in that when they fixed the prolapse they found that the vagina was loose near the opening so they fixed that. Hubbie stood a little taller until she explained it was the babies which did it!

My lap incisions are in the belly button and two off to the side at the same height as the belly button. No shaving and no packing, just a pad and I only went through about two and they were just changed as part of normal hygene, there was virtually no blood on them at all.

All in all, a WONDERFUL experience and was sincerely NOTHING worth even worrying about thus far. The hospital was wonderful, the nurses were champions, doctor was great, hubbie was great. Too bad I don't have another uterus, I might want to do this again just to get the rest and pampering by the nurses and hubbie! When we were about to be discharged my husband and I said the same thing "do we have to go?".....it was quiet, no chores, no kids screaming, no nothing. It was restful if they would have just stopped coming in so much.

Provided that I don't get too ambitious and undo some of her work, life is grand.

LL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register