New surgery date | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New surgery date New surgery date

Unread 03-10-2005, 08:39 AM
New surgery date

Finally got the call from my gyn. office. Remember my poor ol' gyn. fell and broke his ankle 4 days before my LAVH on Feb. 28th. He gets a walking cast tomorrow. Scheduled surgery for March 23rd. My anniversary:cry:, but they said they have 10 surgeries to reschedule and it would be hard to do it on a different day. So, here we go again........

Isn't it odd to be so happy about getting major surgery?

Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2005, 09:17 AM
New surgery date

I totally understand about your being happy to have a surgery date. I have been putting off having my TAH/BSO for well over a year and at my last 4 month appt. the doc was like well, and I said I wasn't ready yet. Went in and said lets do it at my last appt. and am scheduled for next Thursday. I am not really nervous because I feel I have gotten so much information from this site and read so many other women's pre-op and post-op that I can wrap my mind around what I need to do. Just looking forward to getting past it and moving forward. All the best to you.
Hugs, Diane
Unread 03-10-2005, 09:31 AM
New surgery date

I too understand your excitement for surgery, I can't wait! (mine is on the 14th), I can't wait to be rid of the cause of so much pain & misery! I ALSO will be in the hospital, actually being released that day, on our anninversary! I swear, for our wedding I was 6 months pregnant, for our 1st ann, I was pregnant again, for our 2nd my DH was unemployed, & now for our 3rd I will be just getting out of the hospital! Someday I'll get to have a REAL anniversary! Hey, a honeymoon for that matter!javascript:smilie('')
LOL Good luck to you & know that you will be feeling better soon!
angelicdore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2005, 03:36 PM
New surgery date

Yep, this waiting around is for the birds.

Donna
Unread 03-11-2005, 07:04 AM
New surgery date

((( Donna ))) thanks for letting us know your new date. I'll be praying that this one sticks

Happy anniversary , maybe you can celebrate it a couple of days early?

s
Unread 03-11-2005, 09:15 PM
New surgery date

Glad to hear you got a new date. I was scheduled for March 1st but insurance denied, after fighting and hounding for the last 2 weeks I got a call yesterday and found out that my insurance appeal was approved so now I am waiting on a new date. Hopefully I will hear from them Monday.

Kristy
Unread 03-12-2005, 07:24 AM
New surgery date

Kristy,

It's tough when we get all prepared mentally to have surgery, then get post-poned. :hair: So glad insurance has given their ok. I hope Monday they call and let you know when. My gyn. called me Wed. and told me that it would be the 23rd of March. So, just a 2 week wait. Last time I waited 2 months and then 4 days before, got the call.

I've had the flu for about 7 days. Thought I was getting a little better, but got up this morning with a sore throat again. I hope this goes away soon. I would HATE to have to reschedule again.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register