I need some inspiration | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need some inspiration I need some inspiration

Unread 08-22-2006, 06:51 AM
I need some inspiration

I go in for my hysterectomy in 2 days and am absolutely terrified. Not just of the surgery itself, butI have have been diagnosed with a large tumour on my left ovary with abnormal cells being present in the right. So am having both ovaries removed as well. I can't stop crying. Will it be cancer, how will I feel after the op. Will I still be me? Will I be able to enjoy sex with my husband. What about the risks associated with HRT. Will I ever feel the same again??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Praying for you

I'm sorry you're going through such a scary time! I don't have all the answers you're needing, but other sisters will be along soon to help. I had my TAH 5 weeks ago, and I'm doing pretty well, so I'll bet you will too. There is always someone here that understands what you're feeling-it's a good place to ask questions or just vent. I will be praying that all goes well for you.
Unread 08-22-2006, 03:16 PM
I need some inspiration

Sending hugs your way! I don't have the answers for you, can only wish you well and keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2006, 03:41 PM
I need some inspiration

Hang in there...being scared before surgery is normal.

Everyone heals differently, but one thing that is definite: you will still be you. Be patient with yourself, and make sure to pamper yourself.

Unread 08-22-2006, 03:42 PM
I need some inspiration

Hi sqwirly,

I know how scared you are. I have pre-cancer cells in my uterus and I am terrified what they will find on 9/6 when I have my surgery. I also found out a week after this I have a 6 mm nodule on my left breast. I am scared too!!! So as far as that goes, keep faith in God that it will all turn out ok, and even if cancer is found there is so much that can be done these days and people are now days surviving cancer. I am keeping those thoughts in my head to help me.

Will you still be you??? Well, I would say yes...you will wake up and still be YOU. many here have told stories and they're still themselves..you will just have menopausal symptmoms earlier cause of the surgery is all...but you should be fine.

As far as sex with hubby, I am wondering the same myself. I have read that some women have no change and others say it's different, but I feel if you had a good sex life beforehand, you will do ok afterwards. I also believe that should sex be affected, it's not the most important thing in a relationship. But I do believe we'll both do fine also in that dept. Time will tell.

I have the same concerns as you do, but today I am feeling more positive and looking on the bright side. In a couple days it will be over and from what I read you'll find waiting was the worst part.

Best of luck to you. I haven't had my hysterectomy LAVH/BSO yet, but have researched online a LOT!!l...lol.....and from what I have read....you'll be fine!!!!
Unread 08-23-2006, 06:52 AM
I need some inspiration

I just wanted to drop in with a gentle for you as you make your final preparations for the castle.

While of course no one can guarantee an outcome, I hope it is some assurance to you that most women do very well after a hysterectomy. Yes, there are women who have complications and problems after surgery. But if you and your medical providers have determined that a hysterectomy is the best course of action for you, then you can at least take some solace in the knowledge that you're doing the best thing for you right now.

You might hear that "waiting is the hardest part"... well, I don't necessarily think that this is true, but I know it's very possible to imagine all sorts of problems that never come up. For me, it helped to "futurize" the situation. Instead of worrying about how I'd feel when I woke up in the recovery room -- a feeling over which I had absolutely no control -- I thought to myself, "Just think -- in 36 hours, I'll already be back in my hospital room!" In other words, I changed my focus from pain to where I'd be. Sounds corny, I know -- but for me it worked. Recovery was no fun for the first couple of weeks, but I got through it OK.

I wish you all the best as you have your surgery. I can't wait to hear how everything goes for you.
Unread 08-23-2006, 06:59 AM
I need some inspiration

I know the fear you are going through. I have a complex cyst growing on my rt ovary and another on the left. I have worried on and off that it might be cancer. Most growths doctors remove are benign. I decided to just get through it all one step at a time and deal with each issue as it comes. From the pre-op to prep all the way to surgery and recovery. ONe thing positive is that you are scheduled for surgery and will have it taken care of. You're on top of things. stay strong, and take care!!
Unread 08-23-2006, 08:27 AM
I need some inspiration

I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. I too am scared, but the way I see it I will be healthier, and the God who is watching over me is the very same God who will be with you too, on the same day even( maybe even the same time ).
Darcy
Unread 08-23-2006, 12:22 PM
I need some inspiration

Hi sqwirly

Your questions and fears are very normal. I remember asking myself the same questions. Along with finding support on the boards here, I also found it helpful to read through some of the articles that address Pre-Op and Post-op concerns.

Pre-Op Articles
and
Post-Op Articles

Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Remember to pamper the princess when you get home, be gentle with your body and emotions, and give yourself time to heal. We'll be here for you when you feel up to letting us know how you did and to help with questions and concerns.

Sending 's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register