Confused about gyn letter...need to vent | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Confused about  gyn letter...need to vent Confused about gyn letter...need to vent

Unread 07-31-2011, 08:47 PM
Confused about gyn letter...need to vent

I ended up going to see internist on Sat for UTI. I just had a feeling I was going to get sick before going to the castle..UGH. Anyway, while I was there I asked if he had rec'd letter from my gyn about upcoming DVH. He looked in my chart and there it was. I read it over his shoulder and was confused at the fact gyn didn't state in letter my diagnosis for dvh other than to say that he was unable to do ablation due to my extreme pain. I touched on the high points very quickly since I was a work in appt to begin with. Dr was confused also as to why no elaboration. In fact he stated he had not seen the letter before then (he will be talking to his staff on Monday about this), otherwise he would have had the nurse call me. I have a feeling he will be calling gyn on Monday, but I'll be calling as well. I absolutely love my new gyn, but I feel like gyn's office just sent out a form letter to my internist. Dear Lord I still have 17 days to go, I'm in too much pain to start over again! Hopefully this was just a slip up on gyn's office staff's part. Letter was not even signed by gyn. Just frustrated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2011, 10:02 PM
Re: Confused about gyn letter...need to vent

Lucyleigh, did your gyn explain to you why you need a hysterectomy? If you have any doubt please get another opinion. I can tell you I had an ablation and it did not work. Infact it made my pain worse after it. And I then had a hysterectomy and am very happy now! I have read many posts about ablations that did not work or at best was only a temporary fix. I hope you feel more at ease after calling your gyn. Please let us know how it goes. Blessings and prayers.
Unread 08-01-2011, 12:14 AM

so you are saying you are scheduled for a hysterectomy but the letter said nothing about it? i would be calling the gyn office to make sure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2011, 04:47 AM

Gyn could not do ablation at all. He explained everything to me and to dh about what was going on with me and even had me come back for another appointment for a visit since I was given the meds in office for the ablation to relax, so I am well informed on my condition and DVH. This gyn is my 3rd opinion and has an excellent bed side manner. I like him a lot, but now worry about his office staff.He told me on my 1st visit that if I ever had an issue with his staff to let him know. I'll be calling this morning. I knew hyst was in my future by the other drs opinions, but ins required that I have ablation first. I'm just angry that a detailed letter was not sent to my internist that I've seen some 20+ years. I felt bad that I was having to fill him in rather than him already being in the know. Internist's office staff didn't bother to show him the letter either, so I'm sure heads are gonna roll at both offices today.
Unread 08-01-2011, 01:37 PM

always a good job to keep on top of things
Unread 08-01-2011, 03:08 PM

o.k. things are finally sorted out. Gyn's office had a temp while reg nurse on vacation last week. Note was sent e-mail on this past Friday by temp to internist incomplete. Reason for no signature, gyn not finished with letter. Don't know who dropped the ball at internist on Friday, but I'm just happy my doc is now "in the know". I'm thinking now that my UTI is a blessing in disguise. 14 days and counting down!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register