Friday the 13th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Friday the 13th Friday the 13th

Unread 12-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Friday the 13th

Anyone else out there lucky enough to go in for surgery on Friday the 13th?

I'm so glad I found this website. I found many helpful hints, especially about getting in and out of bed and what to bring with me.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Friday the 13th

Hi KJ1 and

We're happy you joined the Hystersisters community! To find others with your surgery date, click on the word Calendar in the lavender column on the left side of this page.

Best Wishes for a successful surgery and uneventful recovery!

s,
Unread 12-29-2005, 02:05 PM
Friday the 13th

Hi KJ1, I am having mine on the 12th, so I will still be in the hosp. on that date as well!!!!! Hey, and I am in Ohio too!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2005, 02:58 PM
good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2438
Hi KJ1, I am having mine on the 12th, so I will still be in the hosp. on that date as well!!!!! Hey, and I am in Ohio too!!!!!

I wish you luck! The waiting is killing me. just want to get it over with. I'm 36; 10 years ago I had an 8 pound ovarian tumor which turned out to be cancerous. Now I have early stage uterine cancer and I'm just praying it hasn't spread so I won't need chemo or radiation. I'm sending good thoughts your way...
Unread 12-29-2005, 06:27 PM
Friday the 13th

I'm scheduled for the 13th of January as well! The holidays have kept me busy and not thinking about it, but I imagine that will change. I was originally booked of Dec. 2 and was bumped. I sure hope I actually do have the surgery on the 13th, friday or not!! LOL
Unread 12-29-2005, 08:39 PM
Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th is a lucky day for me... it is my wedding anniversary. Good luck all of you soon to be princesses.
Unread 12-30-2005, 08:32 AM
Friday the 13th

I'm scheduled for Jan 10th. I'm a 3 yr breast cancer survivor (lumpectomy, chemo & radiation). Ultrasounds found calcifications on my ovaries & the uterine lining is 11.4 mm (max s/be 5). I'm more nervous about this than I was about the BC & at this time cancer has not been confirmed. Not sure what type of surgery yet. Have my pre-op appt on 1/3. Hopefully I'll be at home when the 3 of you have your surgeries. I'll be sending positive thoughts & hugs!!! -- Teddy
Unread 12-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Another Friday the 13th sister

My doctor's secretary was rescheduling my surgery from January 17th because the doc doesn't get the OR that day and she said "You don't want a Friday do you? It is the 13th as well!". When I told her that I was born on a Friday the 13th and that it is my lucky day, she felt a lot better! It also works better for DH's schedule, as far as visiting and taking me home. I'm thinking of writing a message on my forehead "I love Friday the 13th" - what an appropriate day to end all the suffering. My first period started on the 13th of March - my fourteenth birthday (and it was miserable from the first one). Good luck all you sisters - a positive attitude will help as we all roll into the OR!
Kendo
Unread 12-30-2005, 11:19 AM
Friday the 13th

Best wishes to all of you!!!!! Can't wait till we are on the other side!!!!
Unread 12-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Friday the 13th

Best wishes to all who have their surgeries on Friday the 13th of Jan. It is a lucky day, my birthday, number 39.

Prays and hugs
Melanie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register