January 2012 BEST Chatter thread | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

January 2012 BEST Chatter thread January 2012 BEST Chatter thread

Unread 01-01-2012, 10:14 AM
January 2012 BEST Chatter thread

Everyone! Happy 2012! Where has the time gone?

While I enjoy the holidays, I will be glad to get all the Christmas stuff put away and stored. That is always a chore. Just not as fun as putting it up.

Time for the first chatter thread of 2012!

Here's a link to December's if you need it
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...d.php?t=463778
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Re: January 2012 BEST Chatter thread

Thanks Kim for getting 2012 off to a good start.
Happy New Years Everyone!
Unread 01-01-2012, 01:14 PM

Thanks Kim, and Happy New Year to everyone!:
I look forward to continued support and success from all my BEST friends in 2012. My resolution is to maintain and to keep my spirits up when things get rough, and not resort to baking or overeating, just because, y'know?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2012, 01:39 PM

I am so exhausted. I have put all the Christmas decorations away, tree has been dedecorated <is that a real word > Company has left. Carpets are vacuumed, floors swept. Now just need to drag the tree out. Will probably do that Wednesday night as next trash pick up is Thursday morning.

Feeling a little melancholy, but I always feel that way after the hustle and bustle is done. Relieved but a bit sad. We had a very nice Xmas and New Year's here.

Dh wanted to drag me out to a store today as I have something that I got for xmas that needs to be framed. I just don't have the energy.
Unread 01-02-2012, 05:51 PM

Thanks Kim for getting us started for the month. I was going to use DH's new Ipad, but my sister doesn't have any idea what her password for her wireless is... so we couldn't get his on-line and she didn't get her computer out.

We drove home from Ohio yesterday. It was getting colder and very windy with light snow predicted. We wanted to beat all of that home. We got to the driveway and DH's starting to grumble at the garage door remote. Then I noticed...too many neighbors doors up and people outside. Our power was out. So....we asked our next door neighbor and he said it had only been out about an hour. (We all have sump pumps that either need to have a generator hooked up, or some sort of back up system, because we live on an underground stream. The sump pump runs all year...about every 3-5 minutes depending on rain, so it doesn't take long to flood a basement). We have a back up system on ours, so unless the power is off a long, long time, we are good to go.
We got everything out of the car, DH got the generator started. Hooked up a couple of small heaters (It's in the lower 30's by now) and we start to settle in. I decided to go get in my walk, while it's still light. Since the street lights would be out. When I got home, I came in the door and I heard, what I thought was the TV. DH had hooked the generator to the power strip that the TV and cable all plug in to. And we had TV. I was going to cook pork and saurkraut in the over, but I remember that I had a new electric skillet that I could use for baking, so I put everything in that, and DH got me an extension cord and now we have dinner cooking. He said we'd move the plug to use the microwave for the mashed potatoes. But the power came on before we had to do that. But we were feeling pretty proud of ourselves that we were cooking and watching football during the power outage.

I just wanted to share and hop on the chatter thread.
Have a great week everyone!!
Unread 01-02-2012, 06:00 PM

Glad it all turned out okay Nancy. We've had our blips with power here, not recently, but have over the years. They've been talking about problems with the power grid and doing rolling black outs already even though we haven't had any major cold spells yet.
Unread 01-02-2012, 06:09 PM

Hi Kim and Nancy...can't believe we're in a new year and month!
Thanks for starting us up!

My accomplishment for the day was getting the suitcases empty and put into the spare room. Still don't have the clothes organized, but will be working on that . Tomorrow I will head back to the pool...have a meeting first, then will work out. Then home and get some more of this house whipped into shape!

Enjoy your week all!
Unread 01-14-2012, 11:06 PM

I know it is mid January but I wanted to stop by and wish everyone a very Happy New Year! I wish a very happy, healthy and safe New Year for everyone!
Unread 01-15-2012, 04:38 PM

Happy 2012, Nannette! C'mon back and join us when you can!!
Unread 01-15-2012, 09:26 PM

Stopping in to say hi! I've been studying, and decided I need a fresh brain (tomorrow) to try to retain the scientific part! DH has to work, the pool is closed, and the books will be open!!!

It is 61 degrees at 10:30 at night! Tomorrow will be 74 -and windy!
And there will be 70's several more days later this week.
DH and I got out for a walk by the lake this afternoon - beautiful day.
Hi Nannette! There is more "action" on the regular BEST site.
I'm off to bed!
Allie
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register