Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 29-Dec 05,2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 29-Dec 05,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 29-Dec 05,2021

Unread 11-29-2021, 03:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 29-Dec 05,2021

If your hysterectomy was between Nov 29-Dec 05,2021 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your hysterectomy recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads now begin in our special forum for all Hysterectomy Recovery Reports and will remain there for you to always find your discussion.
  • 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!
  • 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-29-2021, 06:34 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 29-Dec 05,2021

Princesses to your Recovery Progress Report thread & the otherside,

This is your thread for sharing with and caring for your kind sisters and caring for yourself. It will be as helpful as you make it. You can compare experiences, share progress, vent frustrations, ask questions, and just generally find understanding.

I am your SunshineSister and remember how good it felt to have my surgery over. I am here to say “you aren’t alone” and to share my experiences and the things I have learned from other sisters. I had my DvH/BSO with Rectocele & Cystocele repairs on 1/16/14. I had a slow but uncomplicated recovery.

Recovery is different for everyone and there is no normal but we will have similarities to share. Initial recovery may take 6-12 weeks and full healing could be one year. You know your body, listen to it. Heed any warning signs and go slow.

Make sure your profile has your correct surgery type, this is helpful as some answers to questions depend on this. Also while you are editing, where you live in this wide world can be fun.

So some sisterly advice:
-Be kind to yourself and listen to Your Body.
-Follow your Dr’s orders and limitations.
-Accept help from family and friends, you just had MAJOR SURGERY.
-Drink lots of water and eat healthy tummy friendly foods.
-Rest, Rest, Rest, and Rest
-Walk a little each hour that you are awake (to bathroom, to get cup tea, glass of water)

Feel free to ask me any question about anything that comes up or if you just need a cyber((hug)). Ask!

This site has some great articles so explore, while you are doing some of your resting. You could start with the top of the screen in grey letters. The big blue bar helps with info also, including Hyster Check points. I really enjoyed this. It let me know what to expect as I progressed in my healing.

Don’t forget the post-op forum to ask questions of sisters farther along in their recovery who might have had a similar issue. I will definitely let you know when this is a good idea.

So as you begin your healing remember you just had Major Surgery! You have ONE CHANCE to get this right! So listen to your body and take care of you. That is your main task for the next few weeks. We are here to help. See you when you are ready to post. You have my prayers and good thoughts for your recovery.

Lots of Gentle Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 12-01-2021, 08:46 PM

Hello!!!

I am 5 hours out of surgery and feeling good.
I had a total laproscopic hysterectomy.
I am tender but no real pain yet.

I had my catheter removed and was able to take a small walk.

The gas pain is creping up into my shoulders and neck but it is tolerable at the moment.

I am very tired and feel very fatigued.

All in all... I feel good right now!!

I hope,wish, and pray for all my sister to also have a good and safe recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2021, 08:57 PM

JLChilders,

So glad to hear you doing so well Jenn. At this point you may still have lots of anesthesia in your system so do stick to what the nurses tell you. Also get lots of rest. You didn’t say are you still in hospital or are you home? As long as you aren’t dizzy or light headed I am sure they want to get you up some to walk around. A heating pad does wonders for the shoulder pain. We should be having more of your sisters showing up. This is about when I start seeing more ladies post to let us know how they are doing. Rest lots and pay attention to your restrictions so you don’t overdo.

Gentle Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 12-01-2021, 09:50 PM

Hi all! I had surgery today about 9 am and was discharged at 2:30. Kind of amazing. I had laparoscopic hysterectomy with BSO.

Woke up with some pretty extreme vaginal pain and a big time urge to urinate. They gave me a pain med dose and so far since then a little achiness but no big pains. Urinating often! Maybe due to fluid still in system from IV? The nurses were super happy about the peeing and I haven’t felt that praised for bathroom habits since I was a toddler.

Haven’t really been able to nap but super drowsy and oddly chatty! I guess anesthesia turned me into an extrovert today. Trying to take a brief walk in the house every 2 hours or so. Kind of wobbly but ok so far. Wide awake at 10:45 pm here so we’ll see when sleep finally hits.
Unread 12-01-2021, 10:21 PM

Hello,

I am staying overnight in the hospital.
The nurses are all happy with me that I was able to get up and walk the hall and pee in the toilet.

I was great up until about hour ago when the gas pain caused major pain in my back, side and shoulder. They gave me morphine and something for the gas.

I am starting to feel small slivers of pain at my incision sites now.

I'm off to get some sleep and hopefully feel good tomorrow morning so I can go home
Unread 12-02-2021, 07:21 AM

all and Mariposagal.

Glad you are doing OK on the other side Jamie! The walking is great and very important! It will help reduce the swelling from surgical trauma. Oh, BTW where are you, just wondering.

Jenn, if you still have that shoulder, neck and upper back pain from the gas when you get home please try to use a heating pad. It works well to ease the muscle pain as the gas tries to escape from your body. Changing you position and the walking can help this also. It usually only last for a day or so.

So ladies your sole responsibility for the next couple of weeks is to just take care of you. This includes a little frequently(maybe 5 min per hour) when you are awake, lots of water as this will help rid your body of fluid from surgery and also help get those bowels working, lots of tummy friendly high fiber food to help get GI tract working again after the fast of surgery, slowing the effects of anesthesia, and the effect of the narcotic meds which can cause constipation, it takes lots of rest to heal after this surgery.

Right now it is really important to do less than you feel like you can do. It seems to be so easy to overdo. You will heal faster if you don’t stress your body. So please stay slow. You want your pelvic floor to stay quiet while it does this initial healing. If you keep from having extra trauma down there from too much activity there will be less inflammation and swelling which cause pain.

Gentle Sister Hugs to you both,
Anndy
Unread 12-02-2021, 11:50 AM

Thanks for the welcome Anndy. I’m in central Texas.

Doing okay today. Achy feeling is bigger today but still less than I really expected. I’m having a hard time sleeping and only slept about 3 hours last night which I find so odd with all the pain meds and surgery yesterday but just trying to stay mostly quiet and rest.
Unread 12-02-2021, 12:17 PM

Hello, I had my surgery yesterday around noon, and got home around 6:00.

So strange walking into the operating room and laying down, then next thing I know, I was waking up in recovery!

I am not having too much pain, mostly just achy and sore. I have been dozing on the couch since I didn’t sleep particularly well last night.

I’m glad to have found this site to explore to give me lots of great information and tips!

I hope everyone is resting comfortably!

Mia
Unread 12-02-2021, 03:59 PM

all and ClaireMia,

So glad to have you join the RecoveryProgressReport thread and glad to hear you are doing well.

So ladies all. The insomnia is fairly normal. Many have this experience, so at this point since quiet is what you need let yourself sleep when you can. If you get your rest by napping do it. Things will get back to normal and I think easier if you go with the flow. Your body has a lot going on, it will normalize as it can.

Again I will add pay attention to your restrictions that I mentioned earlier. Keep and

Sending Lots of Gentle Sister Hugs,
Anndyp

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register