Tenderness Lower Left Abdomen - 1 Yr. Post Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tenderness Lower Left Abdomen - 1 Yr. Post Op Tenderness Lower Left Abdomen - 1 Yr. Post Op

Unread 05-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Tenderness Lower Left Abdomen - 1 Yr. Post Op

Hey everyone! Have been checking in from time to time for the last year (no posts) and have not come across this subject(?) Anyway, had TAH 3/02 and recovered quickly and completely with no unusual complaints. However, for approximately the last 2 months, my lower left abdomen (extending to my back) has been tender -- feeling almost bruised. Sometimes when I eat, I fill up with gas that takes hours to pass. This brings some relief, but it also makes the tenderness even more tender. I missed my 1 year check up (yes, I will be making this appointment again tomorrow) and haven't had the opportunity to question the doctor to see if this is related to the hyst or if it's something else. Also, sometimes lately when i have a b.m., i could swear whatever organ is attached to this tenderness feels like it's going to fall out.

Does this sound familiar to anybody?

Thanks, let me know.

SueK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2003, 01:29 PM

You might have diverticulitis. That is what it sounds like. I'm no expert. I just had some problems and spent some time researching that subject lately. It sounds like something having to do with your intestinal tract, though. My DR told me if you push on the sore spot and it hurts more when you let go, it is an indication of diverticulitis. Of course, that is only one indicator. It could be other things, too, I'm sure. A visit to the DR as soon as possible would be my advice. You don't want to mess around with something that could be serious. And if it is not serious, won't you feel better knowing that as soon as possible?

If you still have your ovaries, it could have something to do with them.

Surferbabe has experience with diverticulitis. If she does not come along soon, feel free to send her a pm. I'm sure she would be glad to answer. You can search and read her back-posts, too.
Unread 05-04-2003, 01:41 PM

Hi! Please don't postpone your checkup any longer, OK? If you have diverticulitis, it's something to be taken seriously. Here's a great link with lots of info:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=97171

I'd like to suggest you also get a referral to a gastroenterologist, who may want to do a colonoscopy if you do not have an active infection.

Adhesions can also cause the types of pain you're describing... there is tons of great info on adhesions over on the Road Less Traveled board here.

Whatever the cause, it's important that you take any new pain seriously. If the pain becomes severe, and is accompanied by fever, please get to a DR or the ER right away.

Do let us know what you find out, OK? I'm hoping it's nothing serious.
s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2003, 06:09 PM

thanks ladies!!! the latest bout of tenderness is coincident with my eating an extra large seeded roll at Arby's yesterday, and the pain was almost immediate, so, you're probably right about the diverticulitis. my first call tomorrow am will be to my gyn to get scheduled for my missed appointment (i'll never miss another appointment again -- that's how i got into this mess in the first place), so i can rule out anything related to my "female" problems cuz i still have my ovaries. the next call will be to my gp to get a physical that i have been procrastinating. have had a whole lot of other scares since this surgery and am just getting so sick of spending my life at the doctors'.

i do, however, feel like a new woman since the hyst. never better. no period in over a year!!!! no pms, yeah!!!

love you guys!

SueK

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register