Date set for breast biopsy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Date set for breast biopsy Date set for breast biopsy

Unread 05-06-2003, 07:30 AM
Date set for breast biopsy

The surgeon wants to do an excisional biopsy...which I guess means he is taking out the whole lump.

He did tell me he wants to 'dig' under the nipple area also, to get a good margin around the mass that is seen in the mammogram and ultrasound.

Wednesday, May 14th is the day.

I know statistics are in my favor...but I'm like another woman who posted...it seems it is very difficult to tackle the day to day things we have to...but the point is, we HAVE to!!

I'm calling my ob/gyn today to set up my appointment to see her to make final plans for my hysterectomy. THAT is what I am looking forward to. This breast problem has caught me by surprise.

I did get my crown and hyster book last Friday...that reminds me I am 'in waiting' but I am on the way!

I'm not a worrier generally, but I am really having trouble with this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2003, 07:46 AM
Good luck!

Hi Sherri,

Good luck with the biopsy and hyst. I am having Mammotome biopsy in right breast tomorrow. I thank God for that newer biopsy procedure. I had surgical biopsy years ago. Due to a nurse telling me what was going on during localization part of it, I came away from that never wanting to experience surgical biopsy again. (I'm one of those who don't want to know much or see anything.)

Had to have localization for lumpectomy last December also. A nurse wanted to explain things to me again. "No, thank you. Don't need to hear it a second time" I survived though.

Sending positive thoughts for negative results.

Mary D.
Unread 05-07-2003, 11:59 AM

good luck to both you ladies on your biopsies. praying that results are b9. its amazing though that i have noted many of us with breast problems also had to have hysterectomies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2003, 03:16 PM

Good Luck Sherri & Mary on your breast biopsies. I know the waiting for the news is the hardest. Hope the news is good for both of you.

Ruth S
Unread 05-07-2003, 04:11 PM

Hi everyone. I had a hyst last July, and have been feeling great so far. Well, today I went to the doctor because I have a lump in my right breast. I had a mammogram, and it hurt. They told me I won't know the results right away, but they'll let me know soon. I'm so scared! Like Maria said, it's weird that gyn problems and breast problems seem to go together. My great-aunt died of breast cancer. I'm just so scared. I wish they wouldn't make me wait so long to know what's going on. Anyway, big hugs to you all.
Unread 05-08-2003, 01:55 PM

hi

i was just wondering what kind of results. are they going to send you for a biopsy? i know its hard not to worry but keep in mind most lumps (80%) are b9.
Unread 05-08-2003, 04:30 PM
less than one week!

I'll be having my 'excisional biopsy' next Wednesday. I think I'm starting to shake!!

But, by next Friday hopefully I'll know the results, and can then look forward to the doc appointment on the 19th to set a date for hysterectomy.

Counting down!!
Unread 05-08-2003, 04:34 PM

Maria, I'm not sure if they're going to do a biopsy or not. They just said they'd let me know in a few days.

afarm, good luck with your biopsy. I'll be wishing you good vibes.
Unread 05-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Good Luck Ladies...

I hope everything comes out fine. I know the waiting is the hardest, try to keep positive thoughts and enjoy the sunshine.

's and ers to all of you.
Unread 05-11-2003, 03:13 PM

Hi,

I have posted before about what they call a cluster in my left breast. TAH was 11/25, Fistula surgeries in Dec. & Feb. 3rd Fistula repair for 5/20/03 at big castle. First gyn said not worried about breast with all else you have going on but came home from preop with a message to call him at home. They are patching my bladder with a muscle from my leg by a plastic surgeon. Gyn said been trying to arrange plastic surg to do a biopsy while I was there anyway. He said Radiologist doesn't want to let this lesion go another 6 mths. Went from being called a cluster to a lesion. Are they the same thing? Should I be worried?

Thanks,
Terry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register