Having a really hard time!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having a really hard time!!! Having a really hard time!!!

Unread 05-06-2003, 01:09 PM
Having a really hard time!!!

Hi sisters,

I am so sorry I have not been any help to anyone here the past week but I am having a very hard time recovering.. Just when I think I am doing better the pain meds wear off and the pain is back with a vengance.

I have tried to do things lately, such as a short minimal trip to the grocery store and by the time I get home I am cramping so bad I have to lay down again. It will be a week tomorrow since my lap and I am having the same (well, actually worse) cramping than before. I dont know what he removed, but I feel as though the surgery made things worse!! I am so sorry to be a baby. I am just having flashbacks while I lay on the couch curled in a ball with cramps.

Maybe I was dreaming when I thought that after removal of adhesions the cramping would slowly go away, NOT progressivly get worse. I can understand the hernia repair that they had to re-do still hurting, but the cramps too? I feel like I am doing everything right and resting. Actually I spend 95% of my day on the couch. I have not been out by myself except for today and it was not a very active trip I went on. I was only out for about 40 minutes.

I see my Gyn Friday to go aver what he found and where it was and will address this with him then, but I am now scared that this is going to be a life long battle.

I just feel so alone and left out right now that I just want to sleep the days away.My back is also killing me and the pain meds only last for about 3 to 4 hours tops for that pain. I see the pain management Dr next week and wonder if I should mention the pelvic pain as well as my back to him.

Well, I just needed to vent a little. I will try to reply to some on my sisters in need soon as it takes my mind off of the pain and makes me feel a little better.

Hugs to you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2003, 01:32 PM

Pam,

I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling better. Did your gyn tell you that the pain might get worse before it got better? If not, I'd give him/her a call just in case this is not an expected outcome at this point in recovery from your surgery.

BTW .... I'd think you should mention ALL pain to your pain dr.

Please take it easy, sister. Don't take a guilt trip on that couch. Relax. Pamper yourself. Think of all of us who care about you and want only for you to feel better. We are sending positive healing energy your way.

Unread 05-06-2003, 11:05 PM

Pam:

Just stopping by with some 's for you. I hope you start feeling better real soon - maybe you just need a little more time to heal ? You really should call your Dr. about the pain being worse. Maybe he can give you a better pain med too.
Let us know what happens

Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2003, 04:28 AM
Praying for you

Pam, Just stopped by to see how you were doing so sorry to hear your in so much pain. I was so hopeful you would feel much better by now. I also agree with Michelle35 you should tell them about all your pain. My mom had hernia repair also she was in allot of pain at first then she started to get better. When I ended up with infection after surgery they told me in makes recover alittle longer. Think about anytime you get an infection on how much that hurts. I am praying for you lady. Good luck at the doctor, I hope you get some answers friday.
Sheri
Unread 05-07-2003, 06:52 AM

Thanks sisters

You always there for me when I am down.

I was very compelled to call my Gyn this morning until I remembered he is in surgery on Wednesdays because I think I have caused another hernia on the other side of my navel somehow. It feels like it is ripped in there and burns alot just like when I ripped my previous hernia. Could possibly be an extention from the other incision, or on the other hand be nothing. My belly is still so swollen I could not tell if anything was protruding like I could before the surgery.

I see my PCM on Thursday so I will have her check it out then so I dont have to wait until Fri. She is the one that found the first hernia anyway. I just pray this is not something I have to keep a close eye on the rest of my life..

Thanks again... I love you ladies
Unread 05-07-2003, 10:36 AM

Oh Pam,

I am so sorry you are in such pain. Please take care of yourself & vent all you want. You are entitled!

God Bless,
Terry
Unread 05-07-2003, 07:36 PM

pam,

I am sooo sorry you are in so much pain. It is important to call your DR if your pain increases after surgery, most post-op instructions say immediately. Please don't take this pain for granted, getting it checked out will also relieve your mind about what might or might not be going on. I hope you are feeling better by the time you get this post

s,
lenee
Unread 05-07-2003, 09:21 PM

Thanks ladies..

I am holding on for tomorrows appt with my PCM and the Gyn Fri. The pain is getting a better except I think I either pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve in my right upper back from pulling myself up from the couch. I knew all of this extra weight would come in handy in hurting me someway. Thank goodness I already have pain meds or I would pull all of my hair out!!!

One thing after another, it just keeps getting better and better doesn't it? I guess I need to take organ donor off of my drivers license, nothing in me will be worth giving by the time I am done with it all, unless they do earlobe or defective parts transplants..

Thanks again, I am off to bed to get that 2 to 3 hours worth of sleep.

Hugs to all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register