Vaginal Gas? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-06-2003, 09:35 PM
vaginal gas?

My TAH was 18 mos ago, I've gained some weight, and I'm not on HRT. I'm doing well except I have this "strange" gas. How do I ask this? When I "pass gas" it feels as if it's coming out of my vagina! Ok, gross I know. but don' know what this means! Anyone else experience this? I'm 45 yrs old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2003, 07:08 AM
Vaginal Gas?

I haven't experienced that problem but did find this post regarding the issue https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=42152

Unread 05-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Vaginal Gas?

I too have had this problem from time to time.

I know that it can get really bad after intercourse (haven't had that prob in quite a while being as I forgot what that feels like) and after having any type of pelvic exam. I DO however have it occasionally with no type of exam.

I do not know what causes it and YES it can be embarassing, but I never really asked about it either. Your not alone.

I will have to admit that the post Kim linked almost made me hurt myself from laughing!! Still hurts to laugh so I have to get a grip!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2003, 02:38 PM
Vaginal Gas?

I have air that expels from my vagina quite frequently but I just assumed it was caused by my fistula. It is a hole in my vagina from my bladder. When I had my CT they mentioned a lot of air in the bladder. When I am having bladder spasms I can see the bubbles going through the cath tube. I just sit on the toliet & try to expel as much as possible. Otherwise I have no explaination.

Sorry,
Terry
Unread 05-07-2003, 03:06 PM
Varts

Thank you, thank you, thank you for asking this question! Not only do I feel less strange, I had a great time following all the links!

Mine originate from the usual outlet only to "hole up" in the nearest available opening. Then, the poof will escape when I wiggle. Ahhh, the female anatomy. So full of fun!

When I was younger, I used to get actual varts when doing . I'd laugh so hard, they would come out in a pooty stream. And then I'd be

This board is so great for overcoming any embarrassment!
-Janet
Unread 05-07-2003, 08:13 PM
me too

I am 16 weeks post and this air bubble thing started about 4 weeks post. I have told 3 different drs. and they just shrug their shoulders with no explanation. I'm glad that others have the same thing as I was starting to get concrned. Now I too can laugh after reading other sisters posts. Thanks for all the info we get on this website that drs. don't even know.
Hugs
Unread 05-14-2003, 02:42 PM
Vaginal Gas?

I'm not so sure that this problem is due to having a recent surgery (and that it will go away after a while). I had my surgery almost 3 years ago and am still experiencing it.

I had a dreadful time with it during my horseback riding lessons. The bouncing contact of my...er...lower region...with the saddle caused those embarassing noises. I finally developed extremely strong upper legs to keep myself from contacting too forcefully, but it still happens on occasion and I could just die when it does!

Also, I used to take karate lessons, and if I got hit too forcefully.....well, you get the idea!

I wonder if it has to do with a prolapse problem. I haven't checked this out in my own situation, but it just seems funny that it only occurs after surgery. I think I might have a prolapse myself, but I guess I've been afraid to get it corrected, since I've read that in a lot of cases, the surgery either doesn't make it better or, God forbid, makes it worse!

Hopefully, it does get better for everyone else........

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register